Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Kansas Map
What did you learn about the Kansas map today?
18 comments:
Axel
said...
I learned a lot about the map. I learned that you can tell how many miles to one city to another for example it takes 154 to get from Dodge City to Wichita. I also learned the population of the city for example Wichita population is 304,011. The map we use is 22 years old. What I thought that is cool about the map is that it can still guide you even though it is 22 years old. The maps we are going to use have a close up. I wonder what we will do on the project. What are we going to do with an old map. I think that we will check on explores that lived in the 1990s.
I learned that that the map is 22 years old. The map also tells you who the Governor was 22 years ago. This map is filled with a lot of cities. The map tells you how many miles it takes to get from one city to another like from Dodge City to Wichita it take 154 miles. 22 years ago there were 304.011 people here. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to make us do with this map? On half of the map it shows you what the colors mean. On the other side of the map it shows you a close up of the cities. On the side where it shows you a close up it also talks about the cities. Wichita’s county is Sedgwick County.
Wichita’s population was 304,011 in 1990. I learned that the map is 22 years old. I learned that Dodge City is 154 miles away from Wichita. I learned that the mileage chart talks about how many miles are from one city to another city. I also learned that Troy to Elkhart is 463 miles. Kansas City’s population in 1990 was 149,767. What does a new map look like? How long are we going to use the maps?
We learned about the Kansas map. It is like 22 years old. The map is from the year 1990. It tells us how many miles it is from one place to another. It shows us how many people live in the city and counties. It tells us about the cities in Kansas. It show us close ups of close ups. It tells us the names of the cities. It shows us how many cities and counties. From Wichita to Dodge City is 154 miles according to the map. The map has a key chart or known as a legend. The map has a thing about Kansas’s best kept secrets. It shows us the governor from 1990. I wonder what we are doing with the map. I also wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to do with this map? I hope the project is fun! I wonder if we are going to do Google search stories?
I learned that Wichita’s population in 1990 was 304,011. I also learned that the map was 22 years old. Dodge City is 154 miles away from Wichita. I also learned what coordinates are. I also learned who our governor was in 1990. Do you know who our governor was in 1990? It was a woman named Joan Finney. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to make us do with these maps from the 1990? I wonder if it is going to be hard? I wonder if it is going to be easy? I wonder how many days is it going to take us to finish this project? I wonder if it involves a computer?
I learned that the map where using is like 21 years old. I learned that you can find a place by coordinates. The coordinates for Great Bend are d-6. I learned that you can look up the population in the 1990s by looking next to the place you’re looking for. The population of Wichita was 304,011.You can look up how many miles to from one city to another. The miles from Dodge City to Wichita are 154 miles. I wonder what we are going to do with this map.
On the top of the map the coordinates help us find the cities. The map was about twenty two years old. We learned that the map has big and small cities. Wichita has a population of people. It is 304,011. So that means we have lots of people. We have lots of cities in Wichita. It takes 154 miles to go to Dodge City from Wichita. The map also has a mileage chart on the top. It also has colors on the map that mean something. I wonder if we’re going to keep them and bring it back? I wonder if we’re going to color on them?
The map is from the year 1990. It shows us how many people lived in the city or county. It shows us the cities in Kansas. There is a part that shows us how many miles we need to travel from city to city. It lets us see close ups of the cities. It tells us what cities and counties are in the state. From Wichita to El Dorado is 28 miles according to the map. The map has a key chart or known as a legend. The map has a thing about Kansas’s best kept secret. It shows us the governor from 1990. It has a mileage chart too. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to do with the maps? I wonder if we’re going to do a Google search story? I wonder if this project is going to be fun?
When we were working with the maps, I learned that the maps that we were using were about 22 years old. I also learned that the kind of map I used was a transportation map. We also learned that the map tells us how many miles there are from one city to another city in Kansas. On the map it also told me how many people were living in a city in 1990. I think the most exciting part of the map was the close ups on the cities. The map also tells us a small part of history and it tells us who was the governor was in 1990 and that person was Joan Finney. The map it also had different colors that stand for the high plains, Arkansas River lowlands, red hills, smoky hills, wellington, flint hills, glaciated region, Osage Questa, Chautauqua hills, Cherokee lowlands and the Ozark Plateau. I would like to know how to find a certain street that is very small.
We learned about the population of the cities. We learned about the coordinates and the close up. The map tells us about cities and counties. The map was made in nineteen ninety. The coordinates for Dodge City is D eight. It tells us about how many miles we’re suppose to go. What are we going to do with the map? How long are we going to have the map?
I learn that the map has a close up of Wichita and Dodge City. There are 304,011 people in Wichita in 1990. We are using a 22 years old map. There is a mileage chart on the map. We are going to do some research on the map. What are we going to do on the map?
Did you know how many miles is to get to Wichita to Dodge City. Well they are 154 miles. Wichita’s population of people in 1990 was 304,011. I learned about the governor. In 1990 her name was Joan Finney. I wonder what does Mrs. Cook want us to do with these maps?
I learned that the map has coordinates. I also learned that the map has a mileage chart. In Wichita we have 304,011 people. I even know that on the map it has colors and on the side it shows what the colors mean. I wonder why Mrs. Cook gave us the map.
I learned that the map we are using is about 22 years old. I mean come on what are we going to do with a map that is about 22 years old. The map is a Kansas map. There are counties in the Kansas map that we are using on this secret project. I think it is a reading project. I like both reading and math. It showed us who the governor was in 1990. The governor was a woman. The map has close ups on the map. I wonder what we will do next?
I learned that the map is 22 years old and it has legend. The map has close up’s and it has city’s on the map. In 1990 the governor was a woman. I wonder what the world would be like without maps.
Today we learned that a map has a mileage chart. It tells you how many miles you have to go to get to the place that you want to go. We were using a map that was used in the 1990. I wonder what we will do with it. Are we goanna write about what we did with it?
We are learning about maps. I learned that I used a 22 year old map. This map tells me about where the cities and counties are located at during the 1990’s. On the back of the map it has a close up of parts of the map. The top of the map has coordinates. It also has a mille chart for example: to go to Dodge City to Wichita, it is 154 miles. What are we going to do with the maps?
18 comments:
I learned a lot about the map. I learned that you can tell how many miles to one city to another for example it takes 154 to get from Dodge City to Wichita. I also learned the population of the city for example Wichita population is 304,011. The map we use is 22 years old. What I thought that is cool about the map is that it can still guide you even though it is 22 years old. The maps we are going to use have a close up. I wonder what we will do on the project. What are we going to do with an old map. I think that we will check on explores that lived in the 1990s.
I learned that that the map is 22 years old. The map also tells you who the Governor was 22 years ago. This map is filled with a lot of cities. The map tells you how many miles it takes to get from one city to another like from Dodge City to Wichita it take 154 miles. 22 years ago there were 304.011 people here. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to make us do with this map? On half of the map it shows you what the colors mean. On the other side of the map it shows you a close up of the cities. On the side where it shows you a close up it also talks about the cities. Wichita’s county is Sedgwick County.
Wichita’s population was 304,011 in 1990. I learned that the map is 22 years old. I learned that Dodge City is 154 miles away from Wichita. I learned that the mileage chart talks about how many miles are from one city to another city. I also learned that Troy to Elkhart is 463 miles. Kansas City’s population in 1990 was 149,767. What does a new map look like? How long are we going to use the maps?
We learned about the Kansas map. It is like 22 years old. The map is from the year 1990. It tells us how many miles it is from one place to another. It shows us how many people live in the city and counties. It tells us about the cities in Kansas. It show us close ups of close ups. It tells us the names of the cities. It shows us how many cities and counties. From Wichita to Dodge City is 154 miles according to the map. The map has a key chart or known as a legend. The map has a thing about Kansas’s best kept secrets. It shows us the governor from 1990. I wonder what we are doing with the map. I also wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to do with this map? I hope the project is fun! I wonder if we are going to do Google search stories?
I learned that Wichita’s population in 1990 was 304,011. I also learned that the map was 22 years old. Dodge City is 154 miles away from Wichita. I also learned what coordinates are. I also learned who our governor was in 1990. Do you know who our governor was in 1990? It was a woman named Joan Finney. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to make us do with these maps from the 1990? I wonder if it is going to be hard? I wonder if it is going to be easy? I wonder how many days is it going to take us to finish this project? I wonder if it involves a computer?
I learned that the map where using is like 21 years old. I learned that you can find a place by coordinates. The coordinates for Great Bend are d-6. I learned that you can look up the population in the 1990s by looking next to the place you’re looking for. The population of Wichita was 304,011.You can look up how many miles to from one city to another. The miles from Dodge City to Wichita are 154 miles. I wonder what we are going to do with this map.
On the top of the map the coordinates help us find the cities. The map was about twenty two years old. We learned that the map has big and small cities. Wichita has a population of people. It is 304,011. So that means we have lots of people. We have lots of cities in Wichita. It takes 154 miles to go to Dodge City from Wichita. The map also has a mileage chart on the top. It also has colors on the map that mean something. I wonder if we’re going to keep them and bring it back? I wonder if we’re going to color on them?
The map is from the year 1990. It shows us how many people lived in the city or county. It shows us the cities in Kansas. There is a part that shows us how many miles we need to travel from city to city. It lets us see close ups of the cities. It tells us what cities and counties are in the state. From Wichita to El Dorado is 28 miles according to the map. The map has a key chart or known as a legend. The map has a thing about Kansas’s best kept secret. It shows us the governor from 1990. It has a mileage chart too. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to do with the maps? I wonder if we’re going to do a Google search story? I wonder if this project is going to be fun?
When we were working with the maps, I learned that the maps that we were using were about 22 years old. I also learned that the kind of map I used was a transportation map. We also learned that the map tells us how many miles there are from one city to another city in Kansas. On the map it also told me how many people were living in a city in 1990. I think the most exciting part of the map was the close ups on the cities. The map also tells us a small part of history and it tells us who was the governor was in 1990 and that person was Joan Finney. The map it also had different colors that stand for the high plains, Arkansas River lowlands, red hills, smoky hills, wellington, flint hills, glaciated region, Osage Questa, Chautauqua hills, Cherokee lowlands and the Ozark Plateau. I would like to know how to find a certain street that is very small.
We learned about the population of the cities. We learned about the coordinates and the close up. The map tells us about cities and counties. The map was made in nineteen ninety. The coordinates for Dodge City is D eight. It tells us about how many miles we’re suppose to go. What are we going to do with the map? How long are we going to have the map?
I learn that the map has a close up of Wichita and Dodge City. There are 304,011 people in Wichita in 1990. We are using a 22 years old map. There is a mileage chart on the map. We are going to do some research on the map. What are we going to do on the map?
Did you know how many miles is to get to Wichita to Dodge City. Well they are 154 miles. Wichita’s population of people in 1990 was 304,011. I learned about the governor. In 1990 her name was Joan Finney. I wonder what does Mrs. Cook want us to do with these maps?
I learned that the map has coordinates. I also learned that the map has a mileage chart. In Wichita we have 304,011 people. I even know that on the map it has colors and on the side it shows what the colors mean. I wonder why Mrs. Cook gave us the map.
I learned that the map we are using is about 22 years old. I mean come on what are we going to do with a map that is about 22 years old. The map is a Kansas map. There are counties in the Kansas map that we are using on this secret project. I think it is a reading project. I like both reading and math. It showed us who the governor was in 1990. The governor was a woman. The map has close ups on the map. I wonder what we will do next?
I learned that the map is 22 years old and it has legend. The map has close up’s and it has city’s on the map. In 1990 the governor was a woman. I wonder what the world would be like without maps.
Today we learned that a map has a mileage chart. It tells you how many miles you have to go to get to the place that you want to go. We were using a map that was used in the 1990. I wonder what we will do with it. Are we goanna write about what we did with it?
We are learning about maps. I learned that I used a 22 year old map. This map tells me about where the cities and counties are located at during the 1990’s. On the back of the map it has a close up of parts of the map. The top of the map has coordinates. It also has a mille chart for example: to go to Dodge City to Wichita, it is 154 miles. What are we going to do with the maps?
It would be interesting to compare the 22 year old map to a current map. I wonder what things are the same and what has changed.
Post a Comment