Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

ABC Measurement Book

Tell the steps you have taken to get your book started.  What are some of the requirements for your book?  How will the book help you with measurement tools and terms?  What is your favorite part so far?  What do you think will be the best part of making the book?

20 comments:

Jordan said...

The steps I took are I looked at the measuring words and then put the word by the letter. Next I chose between if I was going to take a picture, draw a picture, or pull a picture from clip art. Then I made a sentence with the word. Some requirements we need for our book is keyword, picture, and sentence. How the book is helping me with measurement tools and terms is the word and meaning will get stuck in my head because we had a picture so we could memorize what it looked like and the sentence helps me remember that twelve inches is one foot or something else. What my favorite part about making the ABC book is drawing the picture. What I think will be the best part of making the book is looking up the picture in clip art to match the picture.

Quan said...

The first step I had to take to make my A B C measurement book was to list measurement words A-Z. Then I sketched down the outline of the page. Next I typed and put the pictures in according to my notebook. A requirement for the book is that each letter must have a sentence and a measurement word. One more requirement is that you need a keyword. Another requirement is that you need a picture that goes with your sentence and a tool for your keyword if it is possible. The book will help me with measurement terms because it makes it easier to remember them. My favorite part of making the book is to draw a picture and then scan it. I think the best part of making the book is to get it back when I am done making it.

braden said...

We had to put in pictures and a sentence in the box .pictures words letters and some other stuff. It will help me remember some stuff to use when I need to measure stuff like can use a ruler to measure a book. Putting in the pictures I like to look at pictures. Putting in all the pictures.

Maria said...

We had to look for measurement words and then we put them on the on our charts. We had to have a main word a sentence and a picture to go with it. It will help me learn what it means what it is. My favorite part so far is I get to write pictures and then scan it. I think the best part is looking for pictures or looking for them.

Zedekiah 20 said...

I like about the measurement abc book and we have to bold. The words we have to find a something to match the word. We can scan them on to or folder people.

Martin said...

First Mrs. Cook gives us note books for the abc books to get with. Some of the requirements was you have to use a tool of measure in your sentence. The Measure book well help me remember the words of measure like meter stick and many more. My favorite part was scanning the picture into the computer. The best part about the book was scanning the down loading.

Jasmin said...

First I planed out the letter I was working on then I started working on that letter on publisher. The requirements you need are you have to have a word for the letter, you need a main word, you need a sentence for the word, and you need a picture that has to have something to with the picture. This assignment, or “book” will help me because it will help me understand the tool better. I favorite thing about the assignment is all the graphics and word art it just looks so great. I think the best part is how it all turns out as so as I get it. I am proud of all the work I’ve done so far. :)

Nathan said...

The steps that we did to make the ABC measurement book is that Mrs. Cook made an example page and we all used it. Then we wrote it on a notebook paper. When we were done with the first page. We went to insert and duplicate page and started on the other one. My favorite part was that we took pictures and uploaded them. The best part of making the book is that when we get to take pictures and go to word art and make designs.

Adela said...

These are steps I have taken to get my ABC book started. First I got note book from Mrs. Cook then I arranged my letter A on the first page. Then I did the same thing for my other letters. The requirements for the books are that you need to have a key word you also need a picture to match the key word. Another thing is that you need a sentence with a tool and a measurement word. How the book is helping me is that I am remembering them and they are getting stuck in my head. My favorite thing about the book so far is that you can scan some of the pictures you draw. I think that the best part is that it is going to be published.

Jason said...

We had to have 1 sentence and have a picture that matched the sentence and had to have a measuring tool for each letter. It will help me learn the measurement of the stuff that were measuring or weigh.

Jamie said...

The first step that I had to do was, Mrs. Cook let us barrow some little note book. Then we wrote the letters a-z on the note books. When we were done with at least two letters we went on publisher and made it there. We put two letters on each page of publisher and divided the page. The requirements are that you have to have are one sentence for each letter and they have to have tools if you can. Each one needs to go with a picture. The book will help us in measurement. My favorite part so far is when we use the computer. I think the best part of making the book would be the pictures.

Joe said...

The steps we have taken for our books were first we wrote what we wanted to put in our small notebooks. Second we took the stuff we put in our small note books and opened Microsoft office word and made pages for our book. Third we put pictures in our pages. If we wanted to we could draw a picture and scan it then put it in the computer or we could pick some clip art to put in our books. Some requirements for our book were we had to have punctuation and capitalization. It will help me buy teaching me words for measuring. My favorite part of this is the scanning because I like to draw. My best part about the book is the clip art.

allyson said...

The things have taken for are book is to have a photograph. We have to have a photograph and a key word. We have a photograph that matches. Easy to remember what it means. My favorite part so far is the photograph. The best part about the book will be is the senses.

Marina said...

When I started making my measurement book I was a little behind but I’m farther now than I was at the beginning. To make my book I started by taking the line symbol and making a line across my 1st page. Then I put a rectangular like text box and put a letter in it. Next I dragged the letter and put it in one half of the page that was separated by the line. Lastly you do the same thing with the other side of the page. Doing the book is really fun thanks to my teacher Mrs. Cook.

Ataya said...

My r first step was brain storming some measurement words. My second step was writing out how we want the page to be. My second step was typing our facts. One of our requirements was we had to get pictures from the internet, scanner and clipart. The book will help me learn more measurement words. My favorite part so far is the clipart and how much fun we are having. I think publishing another book is the best part.

Eric said...

One step is that we have to come up with ideas. A requirement is that it has to make sense and it can’t be boring. The book will help me with measurement tools and terms because it explains it. My favorite part so far is the whole book. The best part by making the book is we get it published and we show our parents.

Diana said...

The steps I have taken get my book is my teacher gave me and my classmates an example to make the ABC books then I started to make my own. The requirements for my book are pictures, keyword, and sentence. It will help me with measurement words and measurement tools. My favorite part so far is the tools and terms. I think the best part of making this book is learning.

Allyson said...

The steps we have taken for our abc book is to have sentences. We have to have sentences and a key word. We need to have a photograph that matches the sentences. It is easy to remember what it means. My favorite part so far is the photograph. The best part about the book will be the sentences.

Brianna said...

You have to have 2 letters on 1 page. It will get stuck in your head. We get to have books. I get to read it. I love doing the abc book. my mom will like the abc book and she will read the abc book about 129 times. we have to have . at the end of the sentences.

Braden said...

We had to put our sentences in the book. Then we had to pick out some pictures and choose if we wanted to take a picture or draw a picture or take a picture from clipart. Then we needed to put our word into a sentence and it has to have something to do with a measurement tool. There was something called a keyword that is the main word. I think the best part is that we get to put in pictures.