Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Which is more important? Reading or math?

Make sure you explain why you think the way you think!

17 comments:

Rider said...

Reading is better because you have to read to learn algebra. So you can read labels and to drive a car. There would be no books if we didn’t know how to read. If we only had math there would be jobs.

Tychelle said...

I think math is important because if you get a job that has to do with math if you don’t know math you will get fired. Another thing is if you go to college if you don’t know math they would have to teach you and that holds up the rest of the class. Another thing is if you go to the store and you buy something and you know how much it cost you won’t know how to count the money that your giving the person your buying that thing from if you don’t know how to count the money that your giving the person they would have to ask the person to count the money for you and that holds up the line. One more thing is if your cooking and they ask you to add something you won’t know much to put in and if you mess up what ever your making up it will come out nasty.

gracie said...

I think that math is more important. It teaches you about numbers. You can get into a good job. In math there is rays/ linesegment / lines/ points . You can count money . You can be a math teacher. Numbers are like dancing. There is books about math. You can get into a good college.

Estrellita said...

I think that reading is more important than math because you have to read when you drive, when you read a menu at a restaurant you want to go to.
Math is not really important because you have to use reading more than math. You need more reading than math because when someone tell you what a word means you know what it means.
Reading is also better because you lean new words.

Preston said...

Because you to require to know what you are doing if you don’t know what you are doing you mess up.
It helps you red faster.

Javier said...

Reading is significant because you have to read labels and sine`s .When you have a car you have to read what street you are on.

Adan said...

I think reading because you have to read more often. You need to reading numbers and problems like in math. Because you would be able to cook food. Also in reading you get to do more things with it. Then it’s fun to read books anywhere. Very awesome for some people that get books a lot from the library. Reading is very good thing to help you learn some words that you don’t about. Sometimes people what you to reading to them something sometimes. And it rocks! And it’s fun!

Kevin said...

I think reading is better than math because so you can read to see where you’re going when you are driving a car. Reading can also help you when you read instructions for a game. Reading can also help you spell words. Reading can also help you see what the definitions are. Reading is really important so you must read a lot. You must read read read

Axel said...

I think that reading is superior to math for the reason that you learn new words and new thing like spaceship and more. You even have to read math problem to know it. Reading is better because if you don’t know have to read you would not be reading this. The best thing about reading is there are a lot of story to read like made up story or story about real people, animals and much more.

Ayanna said...

I like reading the greatest cause I made a chart of reading and math there were more answers than math. That is my favorite subject that’s what I think other people might think that reading is boring but I think it’s fun. I like math just a little. My biggest brother loves math.

Savannah said...

Reading is more important than math because if you could not understand what is going on in a book. It would be really hard to understand things if you could not read. If you could not read and you had a report on a really simple book you would not know what to. If you could not read you wouldn’t know how to speak. You would not understand what would be happening all around you and that would be extremely sad. Math would just be learning how to work with numbers it might be fun, but you could not do it if you could not read.

Alan said...

In think math is more important. In math you read to. Math is good to know because it helps you get a job. More lots of stuff
You can do in math. Math is good for your brain. Math is really awesome for people. Math is a very good thing to learn because when you grow up you need to know math. You need to know math because you need to tell others about math in the world.

Jaelen said...

Reading is more important then math, because you can learn words and pronouns words. Words let you know how to read books signs and menus. know what words mean and when somebody asks you how do you spell a word. You can also go to spelling bees and you’ll get all of them right. You can also read a spot that you are suposto put your stuff. Reading is also important because you can know what letters to press on a computer and learn how to read peoples names

Aubrey said...

I think reading is more important than math because without reading you could’ not read book.you could’ not look up words in the dictionary.
You probly could not get a job. Besides I love reading.

McClay said...

I think reading is better than math because if you could it read than when you were diving you would not be able to read the stop sign and you would have a wreck. Also you wouldn’t be able to know what store you are going too. You even wouldn’t be able to read recipes. Then you wouldn’t be able to read stores. The end

weston said...

Reading is more important because you’ll need it more often. Math for a couple of jobs & there’s more reading than anything else. There’s less math on Kansas assessments. If you read you’ll be smart. If you read you’ll have a better vocabulary & grammar.

Axel said...

If I did the video again I will be a little louder because the video I made was kind of quiet. I good at reading it so people can hear it and so they can understand what I was saying. I did not make any mistake on the project because I keep checking my work and what mistake. My video helps me read large number.