Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Field Trip!!

Tell me about your field trip to Halstead!

18 comments:

Javier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McClay said...

It was fun when we got to have a break and got to play with all the things there was to play with. My favorite things in the break were the thing you had to blow in and make the container raise. The other thing that I like is the button were you can shock you self. There are red and white blood cells. You have pellets and plasma in your body. The pellets help you if have a vein broke in your body the pellets would close it up. I t was fun going to the park; we got to play all kinds of different stuff. It’s important to take care of your body because you may live a little longer.

Javier said...

We learned about the small intestine and the big intestine. We also learned how our liver and kidney works. We also learned how our body makes poop. I learned how many different types of cells are in our vanes. We also learned how much blood a baby, child and an adult have.

Tychelle said...

I learned that when your blood fills oxygen it turns bright red. We also learned about the heart. We also learned about poop it was cool but it was also very nasty. They showed us the sound of a real heart beat. If I hadn’t learned any of these things, I would not know what was wrong with me if I went to the hospital. My favorite thing about the field trip was when we got to play with all that fun equipment that was in the inside. Some of the things that I played with were shocking button, where you could put your hand in a mouth, and where you could pull a rope. There were some more equipment but those were my favorites. I would love to come again it was very fun. 

Adan said...

It was really fun learning how to make poop. The poop is part of the digestive system. First we smash up cereal, then we put in a blender, then they took out all the water, then they made a whole with scissors, and then they squeezed the cereal out. It was really fun playing with the stuff they had inside the building. We had lots of fun playing at the park and the eating of food at the park. My favorite part of the field trip is playing with their equipment. It was really cool and disgusting at the same time.

Axel said...

I had I very fun time in Halstead. I wish I could go there next year. We learned a lot about our heart and body. It took us a long time to get there by bus but it was worth it. We went to the park and eat there. We also played at the park. It is important to know about your body so you know what is going on with your body when you are sick. It was a little weird because learned about the digestive system so that mean we made poop. It was so cool.

Giancarlo said...

In the field trip we learned that when you eat something the good stuff stays in and the bad stuff gets out. There was a sack that had some squished cereal with some grease they were acting like it was acid. So they put them together in a sack and they made a hole and they were acting like it was poop.

Weston said...

Wednesday whenever we went to Halsted we went to the museum of Health. It was disgusting but very fun. We learned how to make poop. First we smashed fruity cereal. Then we mixed it up in a blender and it looked disgusting. After that we put it in pantyhose. Last we squeezed it out of the pantyhose. We learned about the digestive system and the comminatory system. On the way back I almost puked because I get motion sick and it didn’t help that I was in the very back.

Preston said...

We learned new things about what’s in our own body. It was weird when we learned how we made poop. We took cereal and crunched it up, then added oil and pretended it was stomach acid. The part about circulation was interesting. I learned that the white blood cells fight bacteria. The park was fun, although the tire swing was busy. The Plasma builds up when you have a scrap and builds ups you heal by making a scab.

Alan said...

When we went to the trip it was fun. I learned how to make poop. I also learned that your heart is red. I also learned about Valeda she showed you your bones. We went to go eat at the park it was fun. You can only eat one snack a day. I also learned it is bad to eat junk food. It was really funny when we did the poop project it was fun. We also played at the park that was really fun. It was fun when we took a break you got to play with all the stuff they had to play with.

Rider said...

When me and my class went to Halsted I a learned a lot. I learned about the digestive system and circulatory system. All of your veins when you are a grownup are 100,000 miles long. I learned that your liver does over five hundred jobs. The gall bladder holds extra bile. The bladder holds urine. The small intestines suck nutrients from food. I liked lunch there it was good. I loved the tire swing at the park.

Gracie said...

We went on a field trip to Halstead. We learned about our bodies and how it works. A baby has a cup of blood and a kid has a cup in a half. Then an adult has five liters. The short intestine is long. Your heart has four blood cells. Your heart pumps blood through the body. We learned about Valeda there is only three of them ones in Halstead and Chicago then Pennsylvania. We have a mile long of vains. Words sends thought to your brain. We learn how our body makes poop. First you eat then you digest it then it goes through your stomach then it sorts through it then what left is the waste.

Estrellita said...

We learned how to make poop and about our body. We also learned about Veleda; the see through robot that lets us see our insides. I never knew that Veleda is it at Chicago Il, Pittsburg, Pa and Halstead, Ks. Also I never knew that there was 20 Veledas and now there are 3 that work today. Veleda is more than 50 years old. I liked the little museum that they had. It was awesome! There was lots of awesome stuff there. The clickers were awesome there clickers are different than ours.

Jael said...

I liked learning about our body and what veins we have 4 veins. The colors are blue, red, green and yellow. We had to answerer 5 question when we answered them we split up I also learned about how we make poop one of the teachers showed us a demonstration of how we make poop.

Savannah said...

When I was at Kansas Learning Center for Health I learned about the liver, heart, brain, kidney, lungs, bladder, small and large intestine, blood cells, stomach, places and parts of the heart, how BM is made, that the child’s heart rate can beat 70 times a minute and what smoking , drinking, so on can do to your body. The reason that my body is important is because if I am sick and I go to the doctor’s office, he says that he does not know what is wrong with me. He tells me to go to another doctor and he tells me that my liver is messed up then, I might think my parents are giving me too much kids Tylenol for my headache. I loved playing on the equipment that they let us touch and play with. I loved playing at the park. I thought that it was so fun to play on the tire swing. The bus ride was fun because we got to talk to our friends, I heard the bumpy road was okay, I would have said that, but I was sleeping in the bus.

Sonye said...

We went to Halsted on Wednesday. And we learned about how to take care of our body. Our body really works hard and fast. Some of the stuff in our body is so disgusting but they really help your body. It was really nasty to look at the stuff they showed us but that stuff is in our bodies that are in us right now.
What did they teach/show us?
They showed us how much blood is in an Adult a baby and kids. And they also showed us a goat hart it was nasty but it showed us the inside and out. They also showed us a person having surgery and the hart was pumping. It was nasty but like I said it is very nasty but it is in us right now.
Why is it important?
Because it is showing you how your body works.

Eric said...

I learned about how many times my heart beats. It was fun when we got to use the clickers. Thank you for teaching use more about our bodies.

Kevin said...

We learned how we can keep our body healthy and clean. If you don’t keep your body healthy and clean you will get sick and die. We played and eat at the Halsted Park. It was fun to play on their stuff. We learned new stuff that we did not know about. I fell asleep during the way back to school. I was so tired that I could not stay up and then I passed out. When I learn something new I think in my head that “wow I did not know that”? We got to investigate the stuff in the museum