Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Batteries and Light Bulbs

Today you tried to light a bulb using a light bulb and one wire.  Did it work?  What did you try? 

After lighting a bulb with one wire, you tried two wires.  Did it work?  What did you try?  Could you make it light up more than one way?

What did you learn?  What did you enjoy the most from the task?

19 comments:

Zedekiah said...

When i put the wire on the top of the battery it did not work. But when i put the other side of the wire on the other side batery the ligte worked. when I used the one wire it work. It work on the side yes it did work

Jordan said...

Yes it worked when I tried to make the light bulb light. What I tried is that we put one point at the negative side and the other on the positive side then we put either points to touch the batterie. When we tried two wires it worked. I tried to put one point of both wires at the top and bottom. The ones on top had to touch the positive side and the batteries at the same time. Yes we could make it light in more than one way. I learned that if you use two wires, a batteries, and a light bulb that you could make a the light bulb light. What I enjoyed the most of doing this experiment is making the light bulb light.

Eric said...

It did work with one wire. It worked because I connected it to the negative and positive. When we tried two wires it worked because I put both wires at the bottom of the batterie then I connected it to the light bulb. Yes we did found two ways because if you connect one wire to another then connect it to the bulb it would light and connect the bottom piece to the batterie. I learned that you can light a bulb with a batterie. I enjoyed the part when the bulb started to light.

Quan said...

Yes,the light bulb lit when I used one wire. I placed the bulb on top of the battery. Then I placed one end of the wire on the bottom of the battery and placed the other at the base of the bulb. Yes, the bulb lit when I used two wires. I tried placing the bottom ends of the two wires on the bottom of the battery. Then I placed the bulb on top of the battery and the top of the wires on the base of the bulb. Yes there were many ways to light the bulb. I learned that there are many ways to light bulbs. I enjoyed expririmenting with the bulb, wires, and batttery.

Martin said...

It did work our team put the wire under the bater then put the other part of the wire on the light bulb. We put both ends of the bater then put the other end on the light bulb it work. With the two wires our team found two ways. I leared that you can use two wires and a light buib also a bater to cearte light. I like woking with my team the most.

Jasmin said...

Lighting the light bulb with one wire worked! We put one end of the wire one the negetive side and put the light bulb on the positive side and put the wire on the metal part of the light bulb and it lit. Lighting the light bulb with two wires worked. One way me and my group did it is we put one end on each wire on the negetive side and put the other ends of the wires on the metal part of the light bulb which was on the poitive side. Onother way we lit the light bulb is we put one end of one of the wires on the negative side then conected the two wires and put the wire on the light bulb which was on the positive side. I learned that there are more than one way to light a light bulb with a battarie and wires.

Jason said...

One wire worked. We tried puting the wire under the batery and puting the wire on the light bulb and it lit up. Two wires worked. We tried puting it under the batery and put it on the light bulb and it lit up.No I couldn't find a way to light the light bulb up a diferent way. I learned two wires increases the light. I enjoyed trying to lighting the light bulb.

Joe said...

when I tried to use a light bulb with one wire it did work. I connected the end of the light bulb to the top of a batterie. I connected the wire to the bottom of the batterie and I connected the other end of the wire to the side of the lite bulb. yes it did work when I tried connecting two wires to the bulb. yes I did many ways. yes I leand many things

marina said...

My teams expeariment with a light bulb and a wier worked out well at first, but then we tried one more that Quan did and I got shoked plus it didn't work but it was ok. Then we tried two wiers they worked allright we got so much power! My favorite part was the pain after I got shoked but the thing I learned was that the wier has to be a certain way for it to work.

ataya said...

Yes two light bulbs and a wire did work.

First we we tried positive side up and negitive down and then we put the curly side of the wire with the negitive side of the battery. Then we but the straghit part of the wire with the on the metal part of the light.then put the light bublb on the positve side.

We tried then we put the curly side of the wire with the negitive side of the battery. Then we but the straghit part of the wire with the on the metal part of the light.then put the light bublb on the positve side. Yes it did work.

yes we did it in very many ways.

we learned about the positive and negitive sides of the battery and how it works.

when we made it light up.

Jamie said...

Yes it did work. We put one end of the wire under the batery,the other end on the side of the light bulb, then the light bulb conects to the batery. Yes their are more ways to get it to light up, all you have to do is put the two wires together,then put the two ends on the bottom,then the two other ends to the side of the light bulb,then you conect it. I learned that you can get a light bulb to light up with two or one wires. My favorite part was when we got to try diffrent things to get the light bulb to light up.

Diana said...

Today when I tried to light a bulb with one wire it worked. One wire was on the bottom and I held the bulb on top and then the other wire in top too made it work. Yes, using two wires worked. I put one wire on the bottom of the battery and the other end to the light bulb, and the bulb to the battery and the same thing with the other wire. Yes I could make it light more than one way. I leaned a wire and a light bulb and a batter makes light. I enjoy win the light bulb lighted up.

Nathan said...

Yes it worked with one and two wires. When you connect two wire ends to the light bulb and two wire ends to the battery. When you use one wire end and put it on the light bulb also when you put the other wire end to the battery it makes it light but when you put another one it increases the light brighter. The best part is when we played with the experience with the two wires, a battery and a light bulb.

Adela said...

No the bulb did not light up untill another person came and help us. This is what we did. We put one end of the wire on the bottom of the battery and the other end on the top of the battery. Then we put the bulb on the battery and it did not work. When we tryed with two wires it did work. This is what we did. We put one end of each wire on the bottom. Then we put the bulb on the battery. After that we put the other ends of the wires on the bottom of bulb. No we could not do it in more than one way. I learnd how to light a bulb with two and one wire and a battery. I enjoyed the most when we got to put all the things together.

Braden said...

Yes it did work with one wire. We tried puting the battery on its side yes it did work on its side.We tired puting the wires together put it did not work. Yes it did work with two wires. We tried puting the wires on the both sides of the battery and it worked.

Tajzay said...

No, someone had to come and help us but when we seen someone put the light together we figured it out. I tried to put the wire on the bottom of the battery we sat the bottom of the light bulb on the battery. We put the other end of the wire on the light bulb just on the side it stared to light. On the second wire it worked just as well as the other one. Well I tried the same thing as the first wire but I added a second wire but put the other end of the wire on the other side.The second wire it lit the light bulb more than just one. Well I don't know because I didn't have enough time. I learned that that electicity has a currcut. I enjoyed when we got to play around and see if it worked

Maria said...

Yes, It did work Mrs. cook. We tried the positiv side then we tried the negitiv side and it ackshily worked. Yes Mrs.Cook, It did work. We tried the two wires and conected them to the bulb. Yes Mrs.Cook, we did use more than one way, we tried one wire and coneted it to the negitiv side then conected it to the other wire and we conected the other wire coneted to the bulb. I learnd that you can light up a light bulb with a battry and a wire. The curcut is the elictricity that flows thuow the wire up to the bulb. Lighting up the light bulb was fun.

Brianna said...

yes,the light bulb worked when useing only one wire. I tryied to put both sides of the wire tuching the batery and the other side to the light bulb.
yes,the light lit up with two wires. I made it work by ataching two sides of the wires together and the other sides of the battery. I learned that there are diffrent ways to light a bulb. I enjoyed the surprise of how you ould light a bulb with a battery and wires.

allyson said...

Lihting the light bulb with one wire worked! I tried putting one wire on the bottom and the other end of the wireon the top with light bulb. When I used two wires it worked! Well I put one end of both wires at the bottom and I put the other ends of the wires on the top with the light. Yes I could make it light it up more then one way.I learned thatif you have one or two wire and a battery and a light bulb and if you connect it to the battery and you touch one end of the wire to the light bulb it will lightup. I enjoyed lighting up the bulb.