Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

You read several stories about Thanksgiving this week.  Tell me which story was your favorite and tell me why.  Then tell me about Pilgrim children.  What are some things you have in common with Pilgrim children?  What are some things that are different?  Would you want to be a Pilgrim child?  Tell me why.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

21 comments:

Jordan said...

The book I like the most is The Littlest Pilgrim because its about a pilgrim who can't do anything because she is little then she finds an indian. The Pilgrim children have a lot of hard work to do each day. Some things that are the same to me and the pilgrim children are that they work and do chores like me and they have friends. Some things that are different are that the pilgrim children feed chickens and I feed my fish. I would not like to be a pilgrim child because they don't have school or technology.

Quan said...

My favorite book that we have read is The Amazing Turkey Rescue. It was my favorite book that we read because it was very interesting and short. Pilgrim children have many things to do in their days like milking the cow, harvesting grain, churning butter, and cleaning dishes. Some things that are diferent from me and pilgrim children are I dont milk cows or harvest grain. Some things that are alike about me and pilgrim children are that I wash dishes and I make my bed. No I would not like to be a pilgrim child because they travled overseas, they put on many clothes before they went anywere, and that they worked real hard.

Jason said...

I loved The Thanksgiving Suprise because they actuly have a pumpkin for thanks giving.Pilgrim children have chores. Are chores are different because they have to get fire wood and hunt there food for dinner. No I would not like to be a pilgrim child because you have to hunt your food and wake up at first light.

Eric said...

My favorite story is The Amazing Turkey Rescue. I like it because the turkeys trick the fox that they were hollywood producers and then they tell him to get very angery and the fox said why and then the turkeys said because your traped. The Pilgrim children had a rouph life because they kept doing chores. One thing that is the same about both of us is that we do chours. Some diffrent things are that they always do work and they don't get to play and I just got to take out the trash and the rest of the time I get to play outside.

Nathan said...

My favorite book is The Amazing Turkey Rescue because the three turkys put on Joe's clothes on.
They help their mom and dad.
That they have to do chores, gather wood and sew clothes. The girls wear a petticoat, stockings, garters, coif, arron, pocket, petticoat, petticoat, waistcoat and shoes. they do chores and I take out the trash. Yes I want to be a pilgrim so I can see the president's

Jamie said...

My favorite book was MOllys Pilgrim because I liked how the mom did the doll dressed like herself because she is a pilgrim then Molly finds out that her mom is a pilgrim. Pilgim chilldren dress alot different in the past. We both do chores. They are pilgims and Im not a pilgrim. They live in a village I liv in a state. No I wold no like to be a pilgrim because I woud have to get milk and feed the chikens

Eric said...

Yes I would want to be a Pilgrim child because if I do a lot of work I can get strong.

Jasmin said...

I mostly liked Sarah Morton's day because its a true story about a real pilgrim who lived a long time ago and I think I've read the book in the past. Things that were the same about me Sarah Morton and Samuel Eaton, all three of us do work. Me and Sarah Morton are both girls. One thing about the pilgrims that is diffrent from me is the pilgrims wear more clothes than I do but the Samuel wore less clothing than Sarah. Well I not sure if I would want to be a pilgrim because as a pilgrim you have to chores with I would want to do but then I would waste all morning trying to put on a bunch of layersn of clothes and most pilgrims came on a boat witch I would not want to do.

Joe said...

My favorite book that we read was The Thanksgiving Surprise because it is funny. The pilgrims were looking for a turkey but instead they found a big fat pumpkin and had pumkin pie. something different is that I don't half to chase chicken's and I don't half to roll up my bed. No I wound not want to be a pilgram child because I would rather be an indian.

allyson said...

I like Sarah Morton's day because it is a ture story about a pilgrim who live a long time ago I think I've read this book in the past. A pilgrim child were lots of clothing. They roll there bed in to the corner. Me and Sarah Morton are both girls. I would not like to be a pilgrim child because you would have to put on a lot of clothing and would have to roll your bed in the corner.

Marina said...

I like The Thanksgiving Suprise book because it was so funny and I knew everythinhg that was going on word by word. I think if you compar me to a pilgrim child you wold find some things like I do work in the yard and a pilgrim child would work in the feilds.Although I'm different to. I don't wear as many layers of cloths as a pilgrim child. If you asked me if I wanted to be a pilgrim child I wouldn't mind. I would be kind of cool their not so different are they?

Adela said...

My favorite Thanksgiving story is The Littlest Pilgrim. The Littlest Pilgrim is my favorite because the pilgrim, Mini shows that she is not to little to make a friend. What I have in common with Sarah Morton is we both do chores and we have a friend. What I have in common with Samuel Eaton we rest after helping alot and help put eunger sibleings to sleep. What I have different with Sarah Morton is that she rolls her bed in a corner and wears alot of clothing. With Samuel Eaton he hunts and helps his dad. Yes I would like to be a pilgrim child so that I could have met the indians.

brianna said...

my favorite book is the Thanksgiving surprise because the little pigrim told the turkey to hide behind the woodpile and insted the pilgrims brung a pumpkin.I thank the pigrim children are cool. I would love to be a pilgrim child

Maria said...

My favorite story was The Amazing Turkey Rescue beause it was realy funny and it was werd when hank the shirf did not know the tuurkey was dressed up as a worker. In the book Sarah Morton's Day she had a father that I think was not her real father and in the book Samuel Eaton's Day the boy has to work realy realy hard. What I have in common is that I have to work realy hard and I have chorse. I do not have the clothes that they where. No I would not want to be a pilgrim child because I don't want to ashard as they do.

Martin said...

My favorite book was The Thanksgiving Surprise. It was funny when turkey jump in the gophers hole. The pilgrim did a all of things. Then it a lot of coles then had to put on. the some things about me and a pilgrim we both do chors but the different is then do more chors then I do. No I do not went to be a pilgrim because when you wake up you have to put all of these coles on in the moring

Tajzay said...

My favorite Thanks Giving story is, Sarah Morton's Day. I like Sarah Morton's Day becaus, it had important things that told me about her life. The pilgrim children have a little in common with me. We both have clothes to wear. NOT all of us have chores like the pilgrim children but some do. Something differnt about us is I don't wear aprins inless I'm cooking but the aprin is diffrent.There clothes are diffrent than mine but some that I have not seen could look the same. I would not want to be a pilgrim child because I would not like to milk a goat or any other thing I don't all ready do.

brianna said...

Because their chors are funner looking.

Maria said...

No I would not want to be a pilgrim child because I don't want to work as hard as they do.

Braden said...

I like Sarah Morton's Day. it tells me about pilgrim's and there lives.They have lots of chores. We are human.I ride my bike and she does chores.no

Zedekiah said...

My favorit book is The Thansgiving Suprise cuase they do a lot of stuff. they wack up urley in the morning. and do charse in the moneing.

Diana said...

My favorite book is the Thankgiving Surprise because a turkey tries to hide from the pilgrim brothers. The pilgrim girl has different clothing. The girl has a friend and I have a friend. She has to milk the goat and I don't.
No, I would not like to be an pilgrim child because they have to do a lot of chores.