Friendly Reminder
Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Monday, November 8, 2010
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
You read the book and watched the movie. You discovered some things that were the same and some that were different. You wrote a compare paragraph and a contrast paragraph after organizing your thoughts on a Venn diagram. Now tell me two of your favorite things that were the same and two of the things that you found the most interesting that were different. Then tell me which signal words you used to show comparing and contrasting. Finally, tell me which you enjoyed the most, the book or the movie. Make sure you tell me why!
19 comments:
The two things that I liked and were the same was the part when Ralph gets the asprin for kieth. The most interesting thing that is diffrent is that Ralph did not do tricks on the motorcycle that was in the book and the movie Ralph did do tricks on the motorcycle. The most thing that I liked the most is when Ralph got the asprin I liked it because there was action.
The two favorite things that I found the same are how Ralph got stuck in the waste basket and how he had to make a sound when he drove the motorcycle. The two favorie things I liked that are different are that when Keith went on a picnic in the book the movie it said he went to play ping pong, in the book they had an aspirin and in the movie they had a temp quit.The signal words I used for the compare is too and likewise. The signal words I used for the contrast are but and rather. I liked the book better because I like the pictures and the words.
Contrast
That in the book the medicine was called an aspirin, on the other hand, in the movie the medicine was called temp quit. In the book the dog was talking, but in the movie the dog was not saying a word.
Campare
The movie also the book had a mouse named ralph. The movie and the book had a motorcycle.
The signal words for campare were also, and
The signal words for contrast were on the other hand and but.
I enjoyed the movie the most because Ralph was in the ambulence making a noise of a ambulance.
The 2 faveret same things were the the motercycel and the crash helmet. The 2 different things are Ralph did no tricks and Ralph did tricks. The word I used for comparing are both, too, in the same way, like and alike. The words I used for contrasting are although, but, on the other hand, in contrast and however.
In the movie the name of the pill was aspirin, however in the movie the name of the pill is tempquit. In the movie as opposed to the book they did not have a cat. In the movie Keith and his dad played ping pong, in the other hand, in the book Keith and his family went hiking. The words I used to contrast were however, as opposed to, and on the other hand. Things that were the same. In both the book and the movie the setting was the Mountain View Inn. In the movie likewise, to the book Ralph landed in the waste basket. The words i used to compare were likewise, and both. I enjoyed the book more because I like to read, in the movie they changed things for the book and I just really enjoyed the story.
One thing that I like that is different is that in the book Ralph's mother wanted to tip Keith but in the book she didn't. Another thing I like is that in the movie only Ralph was in the laundry but in the book the motorcycle was too. One thing I like that is the same is that all the character's names are the same. One more thing I like that is the same is that Ralph used an ambulance to get the aspirin up to Keith. Some signal words I used for comparing are both, alike similar, as well as, and similary. Some contrast words I used are contrast, but, on the other hand, although, and however. I liked the book better because, the movie went to fast.
The book and the movie had the same setting. The book also the movie had the same people. In the book there was two teacher in the movie there was one teacher. In the movie Ralph fell off the motorcycle but in the Ralph did not fall. I like when Ralph fell off the motorcycle also when he fell in the waist basket I tought that was funny. That their was two teachers not one. In the book their was no cat in the movie their was one teach. I like the movie better then the book beacuse it should more details.
the thing that I found that was diffrent and the most intersting was. That in the book they ordered one peanutbutter and jelly sandwich but in the movie they odered a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich and a blueberrymuffin for breakfreast. The book and the movie were alike because the boy got sick and needed and asprin. The part I injoyed the most was when the ralph delivered the asprin. I really injoyed when he said this car is delivering medicine to the sick.
The two things that I saw in mouse inthe motercycel that were the same were that they put a cat in the movie but on the other hand in the book they didn't.The other thing that was the same was that the pill was under a bed in the book but in the movie it was under a table.
My first favorite thing was when gets traped under a glass cup. My second favorite thing is when the little dog barks. On the things that were different. My first favorite thing that was different was when the cat all most got Ralph. My second thing was when he describes the peanut butter sandwich. The signal words that I used for contrasting were however, instead of, but, on the contrasting, while. The words I use for comparing and, as well as, like, both, in the same way. I enjoy the movie more because people are acting it out and I think it's funnier.
They booth have the same setting. AS well as in the movie and the book they have the same problem. In the book the soud Ralph made for the motorcycle was pbbbb,But in the movie it was brrr. In the movie keith played ping pong wich is diffrent from the book where he did not play in the book. I used pbbbb for the book and brrr for the movie. For the movie I used ping pong and for the book I put nothing because he did't play. I liked the book because you can image it in your mind
I like the book better because in the movie they made changes to what was in the book
In the movie i liked the part were Ralph says in a skeaky voice vroom and in the book when he wants the motorcycle to start his voice dose not sound skeaky to me. In the movie the part that has the vacuuum is funny because it sounds wierd when he pants and in the book he dose not pant. I like the part when he falls in the waste basket cause it's a little funny. With the signal words i used: contrast, but, on the other hand, but not, same as, alike and same. I'll have to say that i liked the movie better because in the movie it's shorter and a little bit funnier than the book.
My most favorite thing in the movie and in the book was when Ralph helped Kieth when he was sick and got him some medicine. Although in the book the medicine was aspirin.The movie the medicine was temp quit. My favorite thing in the book was when Kieth gave him the motorcycle. In the movie my favorite thing is when Ralph got the medicine for Keith when he was sick. One thing that was the same that is my favorite thing is when Kieth gave Ralph the ambulance.
The book and movie alike take place at Mountain View Inn. In both the book and movie Ralph chewed the sheets. However, in the book Ralph did not say tada, but he did in the movie. In the movie a man saw Ralph but in the book a man din't see him. The movie.
Ralph's mother did not want to pay Kieth in the movie ,but, in the book she did. There was a asprin in the book ,however, in the show they had a tempuquite. In the book they found the pill under the bed ,but then,they found it in the loby under the table.In the book the car did not brake down ,but not, in the show in the show the car did brake down.
two of my fovorite things were that Ralph went pb-b-b-b-b to get his motorcycle started and then my second favorite was that they both had a motorcycle. one of my favorite things that was diffrent was that Ralph new what peanutbutter was called. Anther thing that was diffrent was that Ralph was chased by a cat in the movie. the signal words that I used to contrast were on the other hand and however and but. the words that used to contrast were alike and and.
I liked the movie better because it had all kinds of new things put in it
I liked the part were Keith made the crash helmet. My other favorite thing is when Keith got sick and Ralph got the medicine for him. He found the medicine downstairs, it was in a green circle. It said temp quick on it.
But in the book, it wasn't called temp[ quick but asprin in the book.
Post a Comment