(From Treasures)
As a child, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., saw differences in the way people were treated and said that one day he would "turn this world upside down." As you grow older, how would you like to help your community? Start your sentence with When I grow older I would like to help my community by....
Do you have anything in common with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.? What kinds of feelings did you have during the story and video? Explain your feelings.
17 comments:
When I grow older I would like to help my community by seeing if people are treated correctly or not. Yes I have things in common with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I have a loving family like Dr. Martin Luther King did. I felt proud of him because he said what he would do and he did.
When I grow older I would like to help the community by going to college and getting a good job. Me and Martin Luther King,Jr are both people and we like baseball. The video was sad and lonely.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by ending vilonce and recycleing paper and plastic. yes I got something in common it is when he pulled a prank and white people refused to play whith to. My feelings about Martin Luther King Jr during the video is sad because he could not swim or go to restruantes or play with white kids. He can hardly do anything Martin Luther King jr just played at home just with his big brother and sister.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by making sure people are treated right. What I have in common with Martin Luther King Jr turned things upside down and I would like to turn things upside down. I want people to play with other people. I don't want them to not play because of the color of someone's skin. I felt sad when Martin Luther King couldn't play with the boys because of his skin color.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by recycling more and make sure that people are treated fairly. I have things in common with Dr. Martin Luther King. One thing is that I like to pull pranks. I felt mad that they have laws that black people can not go to some places.
When I grow older I would like to help my ccommunity by raking the leaves. Yes I do have something in common with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and it is that I have a brother and sister. I felt that the laws in the video were unfair.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by helping recycle and helping older people. What I have in common with Martin Luther King is that in my other school in Kansas City kids did not want to play with me and other children because we were Mexicans. At the begining of the video and book I felt it was unfair. Later I felt proud of Martin Luther King Jr. because he accomplished his dream.
I felt really sad that blacks and whites couldn't be together and had to be separated. When I grow older I would like to help my community by making the world a better place by not polluting our Earth. We need to take better care of our Earth because we live here together and everyone should still be treated equally and fairly. I wish this world was a better place.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by giving a speech about how you should treat others and how others would treat you. We should also be kinder to others and think about how we treat people now. People can't change their skin color and should not be teased because of it. If you compared me to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. you would find things that are the same and different like I also wanted to make a difference even though I wasn't alive. It was sad and it was also rude of a mother to say to her sons' friend to stay away from my sons.
He did keep his promise because he did turn the world upside down. When I grow older I would like to help my community by helping people to not being mean and to treat each other with respect. Yes, we did have something in common as we both have brother and a sister. I felt sad because he couldn't play with the kids because he was black.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by being a teather. I don't have anything in common with Martin Luther King Jr. The story made me feel sad. The video made me feel tired. It was exhausting. It was sad because M. L. and A. D. could not play with their friends.
I would like to help my community by helping kids who need money. I do have feelings that the stuff in the video were unfair.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by helping people be kind to each other. Martin Luther King Jr. and I both are both kind to people. I was sad when he didn't get to play with his friends.
When I grow older I would like to help my community by promising to follow the law. I would also like to help people get money so the sick can get the prescriptions they need to take and I would like to help in care homes. Martin Luther King Jr and I have something in common. We both play with friends. I was sad when I learned that black people could not do everything they wanted to do.
When I grow up I will help my community by recycling and stopping bullies. Yes I do have something in common Martin Luther King Jr. I pull pranks on my family. I thought about all the trouble he went through for the black people in the video and the movie. I was surprised that he went to all that work.
When older I would like to help my community by making sure everyone gets treated the same. No,I do not have any thing in commom with Martin Luther King Jr..I think the book and the movie were sad when Martin Luther King jr. could not play with the white kids any more. That is what I thought was sad.
As Martin Luther King Jr grew up there were unfair laws that black people could not drink from the same water fountain as white pepole did because of the color of skin and that black people had to sit in the back of the bus when they rode it. When I grow older I would like to help my community by being a children's doctor and by making sure my community is safe and fair. Yes I did have three things in common. One of the things is that I have one brother and one sister and the other thing is that me and my brother and sister like to pull pranks on each other. One more thing is that I like playing with friends.
I had sad feeling because the mom of the two brothers said that he could not play with each other any more.
Post a Comment