Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finders Keepers?

From your reading book page 215:
Most thefts of ancient art are never reported.  One reason is that it is hard to say who owns some of the treasures.  Many Asian countries were once colonies of European countries.  Settlers took thousands of pieces of art, monuments, and sculptures.  Treasures stolen centuries ago by invaders are often thought to be the property of whoever has them now.  But some people don't agree.  They say the art should be returned to the country in which it originally belonged.  What do you think?

17 comments:

Jordan said...

Yes because if someone had their grandma's treasure and someone stole the person who had it would keep complaining and it should stay in its orignal culture.

Nathan said...

Some people loot from others and thats not a good idea they should return it from where it came from. Most people loot to get rich. There not suppose to steal from temples.

Maria said...

I beleve that if you you bout the treasuryou should keep it but if you stole it it should be returned back to its rifle owner or to its contry.

Martin said...

I think that you should returned the trasures. Beacuse it their not yours returned the ancient trasures.

Jasmin said...

I think the art should be returned because just think of the precious art that has been stolen from a county's heritage. That is just crule to seal somthing important that is important to a country. I feel bad for the countrys that precious art was stolen from. :(

Quan said...

I think that the art should be returned to the country they belong in. I think that because nobody knows who they belong to. They should place the art in musems at the country that they belong in.

Ataya said...

Well if you didn't create the art work or buy it from its rightful owner. its not yours its stolen.If you find somones stuff you should rightfully owner. If i find a five dollar bill on the floor by your desk and I stuck it in my pocket its wrong I should ask and see if its anyone in the classrooms.

Jason said...

I think the artafacts should be reterned to to the oners because then they will not have somthing to remember of there family.

brianna said...

I thank it't dum.If you have somthing of somone elses you shod give it back.

marina said...

I don't know it depens on how you mean it.If you mean it like a penny in the parkinglot then ya finders keepers because you don't know whos it is,but if you see a man drop a 5 dollers on the ground at the mall than thats different.You actually see who droped it.

Diana said...

Give it back to the peerson
beacause it might be somthing special to someone.

Adela said...

I think they should return stolen art. Because it is like resoring history. A lot of people would appreciate that.Especially the people who it was stolen from.

eric said...

Finders keepers always get something thats not theirs. Finders keepers they don't even ask anybody if its theirs they just take it. Finders keepers always say its theirs when its not theirs they act like its theirs because they find it and they want it.

allyson said...

I don't know it depens on how you mean it.If you mean it like a penny in the parkinglot then ya fingers keepers because if you find something on that is finders keepers and if it is under a desk then it is probebly theres.

Braden said...

finders keepers is not always what you think it is because if Eric has a pencil under his desk it probaly is Erics pencil and then thay say finders keepers losers sweepers.

Jamie said...

I thiink they should return it because it belongs to the countries. It could also be something specail.

Joe said...

i think that people should not steal treasures because it's bad an inoing.