Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Maps
Today you are going to watch a video about maps. Tell me everything you know about maps when done viewing the video. Then tell me how you use maps or how you hope to use maps when you are older.
17 comments:
Adela
said...
On the video it told us that maps do not do a good job showing the entir earth because it's not round and maps are. Every map has a compass rose. Most maps have a key.I am going to use maps to see where and how long it would take to get to places.
I learned that all maps have a compass rose somewhere. A compass rose shows where North,East, South,and West is at. I also learned that some places on a map are not where they are on a globe. I am going to use a map to see where different countries and cites are at.
I learned that ther are diferennt kinds of maps. Some maps show states. Maps have a compos rose. I am going to use maps for trips I will plan using a map to get derections.
I learned that a map has a date line and it tells you what day it is. I also learned that some globes have map keys. one other thing I learned is that globes have all the states and contnents. I wish i had a globe I could see all the states.
What I know about maps are that they have a compass rose, keys, longitude, and latitude.All of the map show a grid. When I grow older this how i'm going to use a map I would use the map to plan trips for me or a person I know and to know where things are.
When the Earth is shown on a map it is not correct because it is hard to show a big round sphere on a piece of paper. I will use maps when I go travaling or when I need it.
A map shows diffrent places. A map can show earth but it is flat. There are diffrent maps. A physical map shows mountins. A compese rose tells people to go east south west and north. A map scale tells people how many miles is to that place.
They made a map to tell you what way to go .But a box to tell they made a box that show you that tell you what they are.I will make a map and do the box to tell you what they are.
I learned that are diffrent kinds of maps. Maps have all different kinds of qualitys. Maps are different because they have all different shapes and sizes.
I learned that maps can be used anywhere or at any time,pluse I learned what that the key at the bottem.I use maps every time i go on trips with my family.
there are diffrent kinds of maps.Globs show montains.Each color means a diffrent thing.When I grow up I will use maps to get to many places.I can also use it to study the conteries and capitals.
17 comments:
On the video it told us that maps do not do a good job showing the entir earth because it's not round and maps are. Every map has a compass rose. Most maps have a key.I am going to use maps to see where and how long it would take to get to places.
I learned that all maps have a compass rose somewhere. A compass rose shows where North,East, South,and West is at. I also learned that some places on a map are not where they are on a globe. I am going to use a map to see where different countries and cites are at.
I learned that ther are diferennt kinds of maps. Some maps show states. Maps have a compos rose. I am going to use maps for trips I will plan using a map to get derections.
I learned that a map has a date line and it tells you what day it is. I also learned that some globes have map keys. one other thing I learned is that globes have all the states and contnents. I wish i had a globe I could see all the states.
What I know about maps are that they have a compass rose, keys, longitude, and latitude.All of the map show a grid. When I grow older this how i'm going to use a map I would use the map to plan trips for me or a person I know and to know where things are.
A map is a flat drawing.
A map usiley has a key.
There are many kinds of maps.
Im going to use maps to help me get directions to countrys and cites.
We learned that maps tell you where is a city at. we uas maps for a tirp to tell you where you are going or you are at.
When the Earth is shown on a map it is not correct because it is hard to show a big round sphere on a piece of paper. I will use maps when I go travaling or when I need it.
A map shows diffrent places. A map can show earth but it is flat. There are diffrent maps. A physical map shows mountins. A compese rose tells people to go east south west and north. A map scale tells people how many miles is to that place.
Maps are not the size of real citys and the earth that is one thing that i learnd. I will use maps like they used them in the video.
They made a map to tell you what way to go .But a box to tell they made a box that show you that tell you what they are.I will make a map and do the box to tell you what they are.
I learned that are diffrent kinds of maps. Maps have all different kinds of qualitys. Maps are different because they have all different shapes and sizes.
A map can show you a state and a coutry and city neighborhood.A index can help you find a state. I'm going to you it to help me go to lost agles.
I learned that maps can be used anywhere or at any time,pluse I learned what that the key at the bottem.I use maps every time i go on trips with my family.
there are diffrent kinds of maps.Globs show montains.Each color means a diffrent thing.When I grow up I will use maps to get to many places.I can also use it to study the conteries and capitals.
when I grow up I would use a map to go to Californioa or other conteries.There are differnt kinds of maps. Maps have all kinds of differnt keys.
A map can show stats. we can show symbols on a may key. The map is a grid. I will use maps when I grow up.
Post a Comment