Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Function tables
Pretend we have a new student in our room who has never completed a function table. What advice would you give the new student?
14 comments:
Jordan
said...
I would say look at the in or out and do what the rule says if theres no rule i'll tell them try to figure it out. Then i'll tell the new person do have the rule then i'll ask the he or she the problems.
If a new student was here and he didin't know how to do function tabels first I would tell him if he needs help. Then I would tell him what is a function tabel.
I would say if there is'nt a number to tell you t tell you to tell you to dvid or mutiply or subtract or add if ther are numbers already done then try to add them up and you will figure it out.
Well I would say all uyou have to do is when it says rule it maean what to add subtract or multiplie. then what ever number it say add subtaract or multiplie. for example my rule is x5 4 went in 2o came it mean 4x5
If their was a new kid in my class that did not know how to do a function table I would tell them "First you should look at the rule, but if it does not have a rule you should look at the completed problems and think of stragetys of how the problem was solved and then when you think you have the rule you can finish the other problems."
If you have the rule follow it. If their is no rule you could also see if eany number is complete then see what the rule is then check it to see if it maches all the others.
You could tell the student that the funktion tabel could be adition division subtraction and multiplcation and tell him or her that some are easy and some are hard.
If you cant do it her way... well good luck finding a better way,but u've gota try before you ever say oh,I cant do that.Think about it,you'll like it.
Function tables are easy for most people it is just like + and - the first number is on the left side and the right side is the + or - and there will be a rule and that is how much you need to add or subtract.
I would tall him or her maby you need to pactric,study and if you are having promblom I can help you. You have to get the in and out like if you have +50 be your rule then you then if you have a 10 in the side of in then you add 50 to 10.
14 comments:
I would say look at the in or out and do what the rule says if theres no rule i'll tell them try to figure it out. Then i'll tell the new person do have the rule then i'll ask the he or she the problems.
I would tell them that first they have to figure out the rule. Then you have to complete the rest of the missing numbers.
If a new student was here and he didin't know how to do function tabels first I would tell him if he needs help. Then I would tell him what is a function tabel.
I would say if there is'nt a number to tell you t tell you to tell you to dvid or mutiply or subtract or add if ther are numbers already done then try to add them up and you will figure it out.
Well I would say all uyou have to do is when it says rule it maean what to add subtract or multiplie. then what ever number it say add subtaract or multiplie. for example my rule is x5 4 went in 2o came it mean 4x5
If their was a new kid in my class that did not know how to do a function table I would tell them "First you should look at the rule, but if it does not have a rule you should look at the completed problems and think of stragetys of how the problem was solved and then when you think you have the rule you can finish the other problems."
I well say you should find the rule they you add or sudtract then it well be easy to find the anwers.
If you have the rule follow it. If their is no rule you could also see if eany number is complete then see what the rule is then check it to see if it maches all the others.
You could tell the student that the funktion tabel could be adition division subtraction and multiplcation and tell him or her that some are easy and some are hard.
I would tell them that all function tables are math any kind of math.I will show you: + - */ some of it might be hard and some easy.
If you cant do it her way... well good luck finding a better way,but u've gota try before you ever say oh,I cant do that.Think about it,you'll like it.
Function tables are easy for most people it is just like + and - the first number is on the left side and the right side is the + or - and there will be a rule and that is how much you need to add or subtract.
I would tall him or her maby you need to pactric,study and if you are having promblom I can help you. You have to get the in and out like if you have +50 be your rule then you then if you have a 10 in the side of in then you add 50 to 10.
I will show her or him the in,out and thin I will her or him you shood add or subtract the number
Post a Comment