Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Inch Worm

What did you learn from the inch worm?  Tell me everything you can think of about about to measure length.

15 comments:

Jasmin said...

I learned what the little lines in between the inch marks mean. the bigest line is 1/2 and the smalest parts are 16ths. There are also 4ths and 8ths. Now I know what the little lines are.

Jordan said...

What I learned from the inch worm is that there was a one sixteenth and one eighth. All I know about measuring is that twelve inches equals one foot, 3 feet equals 1 yard, there are thirty six inches in a yard, four quarters make one inch, two halves make one inch, sixteen sixteenths make one inch, and eight eighths make one inch.

braden said...

The Inch worm is fun and easy.I learnd about half's and 4th's. The Inch worm was fun.

Quan said...

To measure length you have to place the edge of the ruler at one end of the object you want to measure. I learned that one half, two fourths, and four eighths all mean the same thing. I learned that one half is more than one sixteenth. The inchworm helped me understand measurment better.

Ataya said...

The inches worm help me learn that the smmaller the domnatier the more it is. The inch worm also heped me learn how to mesure from one to four inches

Adela said...

What I learned from the inch worm is that it help me understand things like 1/4 or 2/3. Also what the littler lines ment. It also help me with fractions.

Nathan said...

That when you do one fourths your doing fractions. We learned that you can use a ruler to do fractions.

Tajzay said...

Today I learned about diffrent measuring tool and what to use and what not to use. while we were using our inch worms we put frations inches but it was not all about fractions I learned that you start on zero I already knew that but I wasn't for sure. I learned a little bit more about fraction and inches.

Jason said...

Some things are the same thing but they are writen defrent like two fourthes is half there are many ways to meser things.

Diana said...

I leaned that the little lines meanes a hafe of that number. You have to start with 0.

Maria said...

We magnifide a ruler and I learned what the little lines between the inch marks mean. 1/2 is the bigest and the 16s are the smallest. I learned that there were 4ths and 8ths.

Jamie said...

I learned what the little lines in the middle of the inch marks mean now. The largest line is 1/2 the smallest parts are 16th. There are 4th and 8th. I learned a lot.

Martin said...

What I learned about the inch worm is how to measure to one half of an inch. When I divided the inch in to 4 parts it made 2 in each half. When I divided into 8 parts it made 4 parts in each half.

Eric said...

I learned what the little lines in between the inch marks mean. The bigest line is 1/2 and the smalest parts are 16ths. There are also 4ths and 8ths. Now I know how to measure.

Allyson said...

What I learned from the inch worm was in the middle is 1/2. When you divde it in to four parts it is 4/4. The first line is 1/4.