Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to the USA - Kansas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbYj_CTn2s

Did you learn about new places in Kansas?  Which places sound interesting to you?  Have you visited any of the places?   Anything else you want to talk about that you learned from the book?

15 comments:

Jasmin said...

Yes I did learn about new places. Did you know in the Sternberg museum, which is in Hays they have fossils of a fish inside a fish? In Scott city they have the monument rocks. What I found the most interesting is in Topeka they have a five day Mexican festival. The only place I’ve been to is the exploration place in Wichita. I learned that Kansas can be popular. :)

Eric said...

Yes I did learned new places in Kansas. What was so interesting about one place was Topeka because there was a Mexicana Fiesta. Yes I had been to this place but only for my big brothers soccer tournaments. Yes there is a place I want to talk about a place that when you go to a zoo you can touch bugs and spiders.

Jordan said...

Yes I learned a lot of new places in Kansas. The places that I think were interesting were Manhattan’s Insect Zoo, Hays’ Sternberg Museum, and Bonner Springs’ AG Center. Yes I have visited Wichita’s Exploration Place. Yes I do have something to say is i was really grossed out once i learned there was an insect zoo in the U.S.

Quan said...

Yes I have learned about new places in Kansas. The Flint Hills National Wildlife Refuge sounds interesting to me. Yes I have been to some of those places. The Scott City Badlands sound interesting. I learned that Kansas is the sunflower state. The state bird is the meadowlark. I would like to visit the Flint Hills National Wildlife Refuge.

Nathan said...

I learned that Hays has a Sternberg Museum. The Sternberg Museum has a fish in a fish and dinosaur fossils. Scott city has Monument rocks that are made out of chalk and the holes are large enough to walk through. The interesting part is that Kansas has a insect zoo and that kansas grows the most wheat.

Jamie said...

Yes, I did learn about new places like Scot City. What sounds interesting to me was Sternberg Museum. Yes I have visit dodge city. There many museums. I learned that Kansas grows the most wheat.

Maria said...

Yes I learned about all kinds of cities. Some cities I already knew about but some of them I didn’t knew about.

Allyson said...

Yes I did lean new places like Scott city/ bad land Topeka/ Fiesta Mexicana sounds interesting. No I have not visited any of these places.

Jason said...

I learned Hays found fossils of the fish with in the fish. I did not know Hartford has a wild life refuge.

Adela said...

The interesting things I learned were that some Indian tribe name such as Wichita, Kansa, Osage, Arapaho, and Pawnee are also street names. Another thing I learned was that we have an insect zoo. No I have not visited any of these places. Some other thing I learned was that in Hays there’s a museum that has a fossil that has a fish with in a fish.

Joe said...

Yes I did learn about new places in Kansas. One of the places is Scott city/badlands. It is mostly caves made of chalk and has holes in it large enough to walk through.

Braden said...

Scott City/Badlands

Have you seen a monument rock made of chalk there cool. Those monument rocks they have holes big enough to go throw.

Ataya said...

I learned Kansas grows the most wheat. Another fact about Kansas is we are a major air craft company. Kansas has a big farm museum. Kansa also has chicken coop balk smith general store. Hays has fossils of fish with in a fish. It also has a museum with dinosaurs.

Diana said...

I did learn about different place in Kansas. The places that is interesting to me is Topeka. I’m mite visits Topeka one day. In Manhattan they have a insect zoo.

Zedekiah said...

There are many exciting places in Kansas. The first place I learned about was Scott’s City. I learned that the Badlands are there. The Badlands are made up of monument rocks. Monument rocks are made of chalk and have holes that you walk through. The second place I learned about was Manhatten, Kansas. In Manhatten there is an Insect Zoo. This is filled with lots of bugs like tarantulas, cockroaches, and aquatic insects.