Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Temperature

What tool do you use to measure temperature?  How do you know what to wear outside each day?  Tell me about temperature.  Did the following website help you?  http://www.mathsisfun.com/measure/thermometer.html

18 comments:

Jordan said...

What tool I used for measuring temperature is the thermometer. What I know what to wear is about under 20 degrees is a heavy jacket, gloves, blue jeans, boots, and a hat. About under 50o I would wear a sweater, light weight jacket, blue jeans, sneakers, and gloves. Over 50o I would wear shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers. All I learned about the thermometer is that on the thermometer there is Celsius and Fahrenheit. There are little bars with numbers on it. Each bar is one, two, or five. The freezing point is 32o. When we put our thumb on the thermometer the red bar went up when I let go it went down. Yes the website did help me what to wear outside and it told me what the temerature is and what it would be like cold, warm, or hot.

Braden said...

I learned that a boiling glass of water is hotter than a desert. Did you know that boiling water can get up to 210 f% and that a desert can get up to 135%? Today we tried to measure are thumps with degrees and mine got up to 90%.

Zedekiah said...

What I learned from the thermometer that it measure in heat and degrees. The website helped me to choose what to wear. Like today I looked at the news it told me what to wear.

Jasmin said...

I learned about temperatures today. The temperatures changes whether it’s hot or cold. The temperature rises when it’s hot. The temperature will drop when it’s cold. You can know what the temperature is by using a thermometer. The liquid inside the thermometer expands if it’s hot and contracts if it’s cold. It is important to know what the temperature is outside so you can dress properly. If it’s cold outside you need to put on a jacket but if it’s warm put on some sorts and a short sleeved shirt. :)

Quan said...

The tool you use to measure temperature is a thermometer. Thermometers measure temperature both in Celsius and Fahrenheit. You can know what to wear by putting a thermometer outside where you could see it from a window. You could also watch the news to know what to wear outside. I learned that when it is thirty two degrees Fahrenheit water freezes. You might be wearing coats, hats, scarves, and gloves when it is thirty two degrees Fahrenheit. I learned that seventy degrees Fahrenheit is normal room temperature. I learned that at two hundred twelve degrees Fahrenheit water boils. The website that we went to helped me understand measuring temperature better.

Eric said...

The right tool to measure the temperature is a thermometer because it has Fahrenheit and Celsius. How I know which cloths to wear is it depends on what’s the temperature. Well what I know about the temperature is that it can be very hot or very cold and it can make you very cold if the temperature is below forty degrees and if it gets to hot you can get a sun burn. That’s all I know about the temperature .

Adela said...

The tool you use to measure temperature is a thermometer. To know what to wear I check the weather channel but they use a thermometer. What I have learned from the thermometer is that it measures heat in Celsius and Fahrenheit. The thermometer is filled with a liquid-mercury or alcohol. I also learned that each little line is worth two degrees. A thermometer is like a number line counting by two’s. The website we went to did help me a lot.

Nathan said...

When it’s hot the temperature goes up and when it’s cold the temperature goes down. If it’s 91 degrees you should wear shorts and a short sleeve to play outside but when it’s cold like 0 degrees you should wear gloves, coats, hats and long sleeves. The tool that we use is a thermometer. The thermometer has two things on it is Fahrenheit and cylices. Thermometer helps you know the degrees. When you put your thumb on the thermometer it goes up and when you take off your thumb it goes down. When the temperature is hot boiling it is 212 degrees. When it’s 60 degrees it is cool day.

brianna said...

I learned that temperature changes from cold to hot. You use a thermometer to see the degrees. When it is cold you wear a coat, hat and gloves. When it is warm you wear pants and shirt. When it is hot you wear Shorts and shirt. you go swimming too.

Joe said...

I learned how to read a thermometer. A thermometer is a tool that you can measure temperature with. There is Fahrenheit and Celsius on a thermometer. I know what to wear each day because a thermometer tells me the temperature outside. If it is 32 (or lower) degrees outside than you should wear a coat. But if it is 38 degrees outside you could wear a jacket. The website didn’t really help me much the activities that we did with the thermometer helped me.

Martin said...

The tool you use is a thermometer to measure the temperature. You can know what to wear by using a thermometer to tell you what the temperature is. Temperature tells you how hot or cold it is outside. No the website they not help because I know it all really.

Marina said...

What I learned about a thermometer is that it can be very hot and the red line will go up, but if it’s very cold the line goes down. What I also learned is that there are two types of degree. There is f for Fahrenheit and c for Celsius. Today we got out small thermometers and put our thumbs on it and the line went up because our thumbs were warm. You can tell of what cloths to wear by seeing how cold it is.

Allyson said...

I learned about thermometers. What I learned for putting my finger on the red dot it gets higher and when you take your finger off it drops. The temperatures change’s because of the whether to get hot or cold. When it is very cold you do not want to go outside. You can know that thermometer is use to measure if it is cold or hot. The temperature is measure with an instrument is called a thermometer. When the temperature rises, the particles of the liquid begin to move about the expand. The expanding liquid climbs the glass thermometer tube. When the temperature decreases, the particles of the liquid slows down. :)

Jason said...

I learned if you put your finger on a thermometer it will increase the temperature at 68 degrees Fahrenheit is a sunny day at 212 degrees Fahrenheit is water boils 70 degrees Fahrenheit is room temperature 32 degrees is mater frozen. A tool that you use to measure the temperature is a thermometer. You can know what to have on outside by using a thermometer.

Maria said...

You use a thermometer to measure the temperature. To know what you’re going to were outside you can check the weather channel or you can check outside to see if it’s cold or hot. Temperature is hot, cold, warm, windy and not windy. The web site helped me a little bit with the weather.

Jamie said...

I leaned that if it is 96 Celsius it is like boiling water. I know that on a thermometer there are two types you can measure the weather. On the thermometer each line counts by 2. A thermometer would be something good to have outside. Two commonly used scales for measuring temperature are Fahrenheit and Celsius. A thermometer is filled with liquid. On Celsius water freezes at 0 and boils at 100. I would use a themometer. I tink wear what you want to but if it is cold a jaket. And if it is hot wear shorts. Yes the website helped me.

Ataya said...

I learned that I would use a thermometer or a thermostat to measure the temperature. you would know what to wear outside by watching the news. Some things about temperature are that our freezing point is 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Also heat is not the same as temperature is a measure of how hot or cold something gets. Yes http://www.mathsisfun.com/measure/thermometer.html helped me understand more about weather. It also told me some great weather words

Ataya's daddy said...

Im and adult. So I already know about degrees and stuff. Ataya says shes having a great time learning with the computers.