Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Monday, May 16, 2011

South High









Today you visited South High and learned some science things.  What did you learn?  What did you enjoy?  What would you like to learn more about and why?  Give me DETAILS!  :)

16 comments:

Jordan said...

I learned about the Morse code, fossils, turtles and snakes. Morse code was an old way to communicate when you were in a boat or some other ways. Fossils are bones that have been in the ground for a long time. When turtles are old their defense was to hide in their shell and young turtle’s defense is to run away. You can tell if a snake is a male or female. There is a line by the end of the tail and if it is dented it is a girl if it is bump it is a boy. I enjoyed feeling the animals. I would like to learn more about fossils because they I’m curious about how they are formed.

Quan said...

I enjoyed and learned many things at South High. One thing I enjoyed was putting together the fake fossil. The fossil was of a dinosaur called a pterodactyl. One of the many things that I learned was how to use Morse code. I really liked the Morse code. I used an electric circuit to practice Morse code. Another thing we did was that we went outside and planted flowers. We saw turtles, snakes, and birds. I liked the birds, snakes, turtles, and the flowers. I liked it at South High.

Nathan said...

I learned what a snake’s skin feels like. The snake’s scales feel smooth. I enjoyed looking at the turtles and the birds. I would like to learn more about the pterodactyl because it is prehistoric and it is a type of bird and dinosaur at the same time. Prehistoric means it is before history. I liked doing the fossil puzzle because we get to solve a puzzle with a group of four. We liked doing the Morse code because you have to guess what the word is. We get to plant the flowers outside. I like the part when I get to feel the snake’s scale. There were a lot of flowers. There were purple, red and pink. I chose the pink one because it had 6 flowers stuck to the stem. This dude carved an owl and the others were holding turtles, snakes and cleaning the fish pond. At first when I saw the owl I thought it was real but it was made out of wood and it was carved be someone.

Adela said...

I was very happy when we went to South High. My favorite station was when we did the Morse code. When we were doing the Morse code we got to pick a word, Allyson and Jasmine picked the same word we did. The snake felt smooth and like rubber at the same time. The way you can tell if it is a girl or a boy you have to see if it has a dent or a bump close to the end of the tail. A girl snake has a dent a boy has a bump. Planting the flowers was fun. When we were doing the fossils I thought it was hard. When we figured out that it was a pterodactyl the teacher showed us a diagram showing how tall it was. I had a lot of fun.

Joe said...

I learned that the Morse code is how they used to communicate. What I wanted to learn more about is how they find out where the bones are at when they dig them up. I enjoyed that I got to touch a snake because that is what I’ve always wanted to do. I also learned about water particles. the water particles made the dirty water clear.

Jamie said...

I had a wonderful time at South High. My favorite part was when we went outside. I got to pet the snake and the turtle. I also saw a bird and the little birds too. We even got to plant a flower. We also got to choose our own shell to keep. We got to talk in Morse code with a circuit I enjoyed it. I also learned about fossils. I liked putting the puzzle of the pterodactyl. I enjoyed going to South High.

Jasmin said...

The field trip to South High was amazing! We put a puzzle together to make a fossil. A fossil is a skeleton of an old prehistoric creature. We practiced using the morse code with light bulbs. We would just push a button for a long or short time in a special order to make a letter. We even got to plant flowers at South High. I liked planting the flowers because I feel like I’m helping the environment. The teachers and students are very nice. They even let us touch turtles and snakes. I think what I learned was just fine so I won’t learn more for now, but I’ll save learnig more about science for when I grow older.

Allyson said...

We went to south high for a field trip. We learned about mores code and we also learned about that the bones in the ground can just be found in one group. I enjoyed the parte when we got to get to feel the turtle and snake. I would like to learn more about mores code. It was really cool to go to South High. My other favorite part was to pick a seashell everyone got one.

Ataya said...

I learned how to talk in Morse code with a light. I learned about dinosaurs. Did you know that if the tail has a dip it’s a girl I f it has a bump it’s a boy. I enjoyed the outdoor nature center the animals where very interesting. The thing that I really loved was that they let us keep seashells. I would like to learn more about the bones in a dinosaur. I didn’t not learn what some of those things where called. I wish that we could have stayed in the Morse code room longer.

Martin said...

The South High flied trip was cool. It was really fun planting the plants outdoors. My favorite part was when we got to put the dinosaur together.I were like to learned more about the Morse code. When we went there we got to pet the snake. I had a good time when I was there. I want to go back some day.

Brianna said...

We got to put dinosaur bones together on paper. We made a Morse code with a light. My favorite was when we got to go outside. I loved it because learned facts about the animals there like if the line on the snake is dented then it’s a girl. If the has a bump it’s a boy. We planted too

Maria said...

I learned that you can find fossils almost anywhere in the world and you can find them mixed up or together. I also learned the Morse code. It was cool because I got to push this button to send messages to the person in front of us. I learned that corn snakes do not bite. Did you know that to tell if snakes a boy or a girl is that girls have a dent towards the end and the boys have bump towards the end too? We saw how our plants were and how big they were. We planted plats to at South High. When we were over there some of us wanted to explored something. We got to pet a snake and some turtles. If they do it next year im going to go agian.

Eric said...

Yes I did visit South High and it was fun. I learned how to talk with a circuit this is called Morse code. I also learned about the body of a creature from a long time ago it is called pterodactyl. I learned many things such as Morse code. I enjoyed when we went outside and looked at the animals. We also touched them except the birds. We also planted flowers they were bright and colorful. When I touched the turtle its shell felt like a big rock. There was a beautiful carving of an owl a guy from South High did that carving. It was so awesome we also got to pick a shell like a snail shell. A lot of people had information for us it was fun. We also talked about extinct animals. Extinct means like old animals such as a t rex that is an extinct creature. Pre historic means before history. The teens at South High took very good care of the animals. They are so responsible.

Braden said...

We did a lot of stuff at South High like we put together some paper bones to make a dinosaur. We got to go outside at the garden and got to plant some flowers. We also got to touch some snakes. We got to learn how to make Morse code.

Diana said...

I learned how to do Morse codes it was fun, easy and cool. I enjoy all of it. I would like to learn more is how to protect wildlife because it helps animals and protects wildlife.

Anonymous said...

We had a GREAT time hosting all of you at South High. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful thank you notes. All of our teachers really appreciated them! We are looking forward to seeing you for our Science Field Day again next year.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Maltz
Science Teacher
South High School