Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Puppets and Math

We finished filming the puppet show today.  What did you enjoy about it?  Would you like to do it again?  What did you learn?

19 comments:

Estrellita said...

I enjoyed everything. I enjoyed making a movie, making puppets and making the script. I think making the script was hard because we had to brain storm and come up with what we wanted to do in the movie. I liked it when we made the movie and made our puppets. I liked when we made the puppets in art. I would like to do it again. I want to make another movie and make a puppet again. I learned how to make puppets and how to be in a movie.

Rider said...

It didn’t really teach me anything except how to make a sock puppet. I enjoyed making the puppets especially the hair and writing about shapes plus the video. First when we made the sock puppets we glued cardboard and fabric in the mouth. Second we glued the eyes on. Third we added hair. I would love to do this again.

Giancarlo said...

On the puppet show we got to talk for the puppet it was cool. My part was sort of easy I even had to hold the mike so we can hear the people much better. On the video I liked the part when we were talking about the team who was going to win. My arm started to hurt. I learned that on the perimeter you have to add up all the sides to get the sum

Javier said...

When we started to make the puppets it was hard and fun to. I learned that there was a frequency table. My arm started to hurt when we started the video. It was fun to talk about math. I also liked when I used my puppet. When we finished the puppet show today it was fun. I hope we do dis again.

tysean said...

Today we got to do a puppet show and it was really fun. We got to make the puppets out of our own socks. We got to learn about math. When are turn was over are arms where hurting. Everyone got to have a turn. We got to go outside and play follow the leader, and we got to look inside a limo some people ride in. we got to switch the leaders. We got to be on a movie and I was the Teacher cause I did not have a puppet. We learned how to make puppets. We got to be under a table as the puppet was above the table. Some of us had a lot of mistakes and some of us had a few.

Gracie said...

We made a puppet show today. My arm was tired of holding it up but I got over it. I liked everything about it for instants getting to talk about math and making the puppets. I got to talk about capacity did you know that two cups equal a pint and two pints equal one quart. Then four quarts equal one gallon. Writing the script was a little hard but I did my best. When we were doing the puppet show got to play two parts. It was fun. The making of the puppets was super fun we got to put in little accessories, hair and a mouth. Making this project was the best one yet. Mrs. Cook is the best teacher ever she has a lot of fun project for us to do. This was awesome and I can’t wait to do it again. Math is so cool.

Axel said...

We made a puppet show about math and it was awesome because we get to tell a person about math things for example mean median, mode, range, maximum and minimum. I did not know about liter in till I saw the puppet show it really help me know liter. We made scripts for the puppet show and we get to make our sock puppet. It took a while to make the puppet show but it was worth it. I hope we get to make another one because the one we just made was awesome. The only bad thing about the puppet show was that some people didn’t move their puppet’s mouth so it looks like it was talking. I think that is going to turn out good. It took us four days to finish the puppet show. I was one of the people that had a mistake because I did not move my puppet’s mouth like if it was talking. We get to use the super glue and tacky glue. It was hard making the puppets because you have to put a cardboard like a mouth and at the end we put a red thing so it didn’t look ugly.

Lidia said...

Today we made a puppet video. It was fun but my hand got tired from just putting my hand up. I wish we can do it again. They were sock puppets and we put hair on them and eyes, mouth on them. A few people put on their sock puppets pink or red cheeks and lips I picked pink cheeks and red lips. We did our puppets at art with Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Gannon.i also learned more about perimeter. I love making puppets and making a puppet video for the first time.

McClay said...

I thought this was a fun project. I would like to do a puppet show like this again. The only thing I did not like about it was that when you would hold your puppet up your arm would get tired. We all got different math things that we had to talk about. I got variables. It was kind of hard to find stuff to put my script together. We got split up into four different groups. We would either have four or five people in a group. We are going to put all of these puppet shows into four movies. We made sock puppets in art. We could put fake hair on our puppets or we could put yarn on our puppet for hair. We could use red or pink fabric for the tong. It was really fun making the puppet show and the sock puppets. I would really like to do something like this again.

Tychelle said...

When we did the puppet show I enjoyed the part where we made the puppets because it was so fun and they turned out to be really awesome. The other thing I enjoyed was when we got to type our scripts because I love to type. I would love to do this project again because it was so fun and awesome. I learned a lot of things form this project. I learned things about perimeter. The things I learned about perimeter were that is it so easy to do because all you have to do is add up all of the sides and if you only have one number on one side all you have to do is look and see if the other side is even with the side with the number then you just have to put the same number that is on the side that has the number. I also learned about elapsed time which is what I typed about. The things I learned about elapsed time were that all you have to do is look at one clock then look at the other and count up the hours until you get the hours that is on the second clock. Then after you do all of that then you count up the minutes until you get the minutes that is on the second clock. Another thing that I learned about was shapes. The things I learned about shapes were that there is a whole bunch of different kinds of shapes. I also learned about fact families which are not that hard. The things I learned about fact families were all you have to do is figure out what the missing number is or you can make your own facts families. There is a lot more stuff that I learned about but I just can’t name them right now. Mrs. Cook you always come up with best projects in the whole world.

Weston said...

The puppet show was really neat. It was cool seeing the different kinds of puppets. It was really fun making the scripts, puppets, and the video. My arm got tired of keeping the puppet up on the up in the air. My subject was on commutative properties. For example 4+5 is the same as 5+4. So the orders of the numbers do not make a difference if you multiply or add. I think it was awesome making the sock puppets. We used fake hair, eyes, a mouth, and tacky glue. It was fun making the puppet show. I wonder if we’re going to do another project like this one?

Preston said...

I learned a lot about graphs. The graph can be used in so many ways that we can use like vote for what is the best in the class room. The puppy where fun to make the hardest part to making it was the mouth. My arm stated to hurt a lot. Yes I would do a puppet show again. We made it out of a sock, goodly eyes, yarn, and marker for the eye brows, and cardboard and felt. If we had another chants to do a puppet show I wood. It was fun.

ashton said...

My favorite part of the puppets was making them and making the movie. I do not want to do this again but I do want to make a different movie. I learned to always look at the key first.

Eric said...

Well we made puppet and talked a bought math I talked a bought order pares we made the in art Tuesday we made the move Wednesday. Friday we made the scrip on Monday we made the story.

Kevin said...

I want to do it again because so I can learn some things that I never learned. I also found some stuff about the function table that didn’t know. All o they help us with math. It also helps us to get ready to take the state math test. It helps us with the things that I don’t know. We got to make puppet to go with the project. Everyone worked really hard to finish the project. We made the puppets in Art on Tuesday. We made a script on Monday. We had to brainstorm what we should write for our script. How we made the puppets were we got a sock we got some cardboard and hot glued to the socks? Then we made the tongue. Then we made the eyes and glued them down to the sock. Then we added some hair to the puppet. We had a choice between fake hair and yarn. Finally we can add the eyebrows and some powder. I had to write some stuff that we know about the function table. We filmed the movie with the puppets. We made a puppet show with the puppets that we made. Mrs. Gannon helped us with our puppets. Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Gridley helped edit the movie. Mrs. Hoof and Mrs. Hill help us take a picture together with our puppet. One picture is me and my puppet together. The second picture is the puppet by itself. Mrs. Cook and Mrs. Gridley interview us while we were making the movie. We talked about which team that we think that is going to win March Madness. The most popular answer was KU. The second most popular the shockers. The least favorite is Kansas State. That was the best project ever. I wish I could do this every year.

Alan said...

I would like to do this again. We made it in art Mrs. Cook was there mine looks funny. I learned about reasonable measurement it’s easy and simple. We did the puppet show under the table it was really fun. Our hand got tired in a while because we had to hold it up in the air. Everyone was in a group. I talked about reasonable measurement it was fun. We also wrote it in the computer and in a paper. We had to take our turn one by one but it was fun. Someone had to be Mrs. Cook because she was too big for the table. We had a blue background I liked the blue background. We moved their mouth like they were real persons. You could see my hair that’s why we needed to practice little bit before we really did the real videotaping part. Mrs. Gridley videotaped Mrs. Cook did to. I helped them with a thing that would make them be louder. My puppet had a funny and awesome hair it looked like it was me. I only had one eye because the other one fell off. We had to write scripts and think of ideas I came up with a lot of ideas they were easy to think of. A reasonable measurement is like whenever you hold a pencil and a paper clip the paper clip is lighter. Here is another example if you had an orange you would weigh it in ounces not pounds because that’s lot of oranges. This was a fun project we did today. It was also very easy and simple. It was also hard when we first started but at the end it was easy. This was awesome and I can’t wait to do it again. Math is really awesome when you add puppets to them and make them look funny.

jael said...

I in enjoyed everything we did in the puppet show. I think when our classmate were taking it was pretty funny. The only thing I didn’t like was that my hand was getting tired and that I was tired of holding puppet. We are going to make it into a movie I think that’s fun I even enjoyed making the puppets it’s so much fun. I would like to do this again sometime and I would like to show off my smarts again. I learned a lot when my classmates were reading their script

lidia said...

They talked loud and clear. A couple puppets did not stand straight. It could be better if some people stood straight and move the puppets mouth when you were talking. A couple people need to add more information. Everybody worked super hard.

Alan said...

The people who did the video with me did really great. Some of us made mistakes but we fixed them. Everyone’s hair was awesome in the video. A couple of people need to add more information. all liked this project I hope we do it again.