Friendly Reminder
Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
15 comments:
We have butterfly larva in our classroom. The longest the caterpillars we have are 2 inches. There are four stages in a butterfly life. There is the egg, larva or caterpillar, pupa or chrysalis and then the adult or butterfly. It can take up to 7-10 days for the butterfly to come out of its chrysalis. On our posters we made we drew a diagram of a butterfly. We also put a timeline about butterflies. Some of the stuff we did was a little hard. I liked this project; it was a lot of fun. I hope we can do something like this again.
We have Painted Lady Butterflies in our class. I enjoyed working on the poster and butterflies battle. Some of the butterflies are in the j shape. The Painted Lady Butterflies are 2 inches long. I learned that they molt five times. I like what I did with my poster. I also learned that there are different kinds of butterflies. I hope we do this again.
Just a few weeks back we had got some Painted Ladies in our classroom. We learned that Painted Ladies are butterflies. We know that just because it is called a Painted Lady does not mean that it has be to a Painted lady. We got to do posters and how long they were when we first got them. To the time we got to see them turn into butterflies. But we had already finished the poster but we are going to make sure still to make sure to keep track of its length.
We have Painted Lady butterflies in our classroom. We made posters explaining the butterfly species. On the posters we put tons and tons of information about the Painted Lady butterfly. They are about two inches long. We learned that the caterpillars molt five times, we also learned that it takes seven to ten days before it turns into a Painted Lady butterfly. The caterpillars are in the “j” shape and the next thing they are going to do is turn into a chrysalis. I think that the most interesting part of the Painted Lady butterflies life is how they emerge from the chrysalis. I also think that the Painted Lady butterflies are the most interesting butterflies to look at.
Butterflies need sunlight to fly. Butterflies go through four stages of life. The four stages are the egg, caterpillar, larva, and adult. The caterpillar shed five times before it turns into a chrysalis. The butterfly is in the caterpillar stage for seven to ten days before turning into a chrysalis. The butterfly is in the chrysalis stage for a couple of weeks. When the butterfly is in the J shape it is getting ready to turn into a chrysalis. There are different kinds of butterflies. I learned that there is a difference between moths and butterflies. The butterfly I like the most would have to be the Painted Lady Butterfly. We also made a poster to go with the project. This was a very fun project.
Butterflies need sunlight to fly. A butterfly lives about two weeks. They have a life cycle. Our butterflies are called Painted Ladies. They are about two inches right now. In two weeks we are having butterflies. In our posters we drew the life cycle about butterflies. The butterflies are going to be awesome. Almost all of them are pupas. In our posters we had to color the butterfly. I hope we do this project again.
We have painted lady butterflies. When their eggs they wait until 3-5 days so it could turn into a caterpillar (larva). When it’s a caterpillar (larva) they wait until 5-10 days then they become into a chrysalis (pupa). When they are a chrysalis they wait until 7-10 days to turn into adults. Next they live about 2 weeks. In our posters we have information about painted lady butterflies and diagrams.
We have Painted Lady butterfly larva. The butterfly larva is turning into the j shape already. Butterflies can’t fly without energy from the sun. The day we got the butterflys they were ¼ of an inch. After a few days they were ½ of an inch. After a week or so they were 1 ¼ inch. We drew a lot. We colored a lot. I had a lot of fun. I want to do projects like this more. I really liked how we worked on our poster.
Butterflies need sunlight to fly. Butterflies go through four stages which are the egg stage, the caterpillar stage, the chrysalis stage, and the adult stage. There is a difference between a butterfly and a moth. We are growing Painted Lady butterflies. Our butterflies are in the caterpillar stage right now. The caterpillars molt five times before it is in the chrysalis stage. It was fun making the poster. On the poster we got to make the life cycle. I hope we get to make another project like this one again.
We have Painted lady butterfly in our class room. The first day we got them they were ¼ of an inch. It takes two weeks before the butter fly emerges from the chisels. The butterfly pumps the blood in to their wings. We made a poster and put information on the poster. I hope we do this again.
We learned about butterflies. I wished we could do this again. The best part about the poster project is when get to draw butterflies. We are raising painted ladies. I learned new things when we did the project. I learned that the first stage a butterfly goes through is the egg stage. The second stage of a butterfly’s life is the larva stage. The larva stage is when the egg cracks open and turn into a caterpillar. The stage third stage of a butterfly’s life is the pupa stage. The pupa stage is the same thing as a chrysalis. The last stage of a butterfly’s life is the adult stage. The adult stage is when the butterfly turns into a butterfly.
We have Painted Lady butterflies in our class room. It’s awesome having larva in our class room. Another word for larva is caterpillar. I think Mrs. Cook should do it again. It was an awesome project. The book Butterfly Battle was awesome. The book was great. The larvas we have in our class room will turn into caterpillars. Some caterpillars are turning in to a j shape. About 7 to 10 days they will become a chrysalis. There are four stages of butterfly stages of life. The first stage is the egg laid by a butterfly, the second stage is the larva stage, and the third stage is the pupa stage when caterpillar grows a hard shell and the fourth stage is the butterfly stage. The posters we made were awesome. On our posters we put a diagram about a butterfly and a fact and opinion about butterflies. Mrs. Cook put our posters out in the hallways.
It’s nice having larva in the class. When we got the larva it was ¼ and now it is about 2 inches. They are almost a chrysalis and soon will be a butterfly. Butterflies need sunlight to fly. Butterflies drink nectar from flowers. Butterflies live only 2 weeks. We made posters to represent Butterflies. We read a book on butterflies named Butterfly Battle and I hope we do something like this again.
We have Painted Lady Butterflies. Butterflies just don’t need wings to fly they need the sun so can get energy from the sun to fly. They eat any kinds of flowers. they use their tongue to suck the nectar from the flowers. When they are caterpillars they molt five times. Butterflies live about two to four weeks. My poster has information if you see on top of where it says butterflies it tells you how much it has grown. It tells you the date we draw a picture of a butterfly and we labeled it.
We have learned a lot about butterflies this week. We even have painted lady butterfly larva in our classroom. We did a project on caterpillars and butterflies. We did a poster. At the top of the poster we put how long they were. Like 1 / 4, 3 / 4, 1’’ 1 / 4.
Post a Comment