Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.
Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.
Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Fractions
You have worked on finding many names for fractions or equivalent fractions. You found many names for 1/2, 2/2 and 1/3. Tell what you did and what you learned. Did you see any patterns?
16 comments:
Jordan
said...
I found many things about those fractions because I saw a pattern and I followed it. So far I learned about fractions today is that whatever you do with denominator you do with the numerator and I learned that so far there are patterns in the fractions.
I learned that fractions can mean different things in different ways. We put cards that meant the same fraction in a group and put the data in our math journal. I realized that when we were putting the thirds together, the numerator was token x3 and the denominator was the answer. Basically when the numerator is the same as the denominator that is another way to show a whole. When the numerator is half of the denominator that is a way of showing ½ because it is an equivalent fraction.
I learned a lot about fractions and equivalent fractions. One thing I learned is that when the numerator and the denominator are the same it is a whole. Another thing I learned is that when the numerator is half of the denominator it equals one half. I saw many patterns. When we did one half the numerator got increased by one and the denominator was increased by two. The rule for one whole was every time the denominator and numerator were increased by one. For one third the rule was that the numerator was increased by one and the denominator was increased by three.
I learned that there are many fractions for 1/2, 2/2, and 1/3. The pattern I found for 1/2 is that the numerator is the half of the denominator. I found out that if the numerator is the same as the denominator it is a whole just like 2/2. The pattern I found for 1/3 is that if you skip count the denominator by three you can get the next fraction. The numerator is just counting by ones.
I found out that fractions mean different things and different ways. When you are working on a problem you can use pattern blocks. We laid out cards and we did fractions like 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 and 4/8.The next one is like the same but different patterns 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6. The other pattern is easy. Its2/6 3/9 and 4/12 there are more fraction parts to it but we did only these.
I learned that you can subtract a fraction with completely changing the name of the fraction. Another thing I learned is that if you need to take a take a fraction and multiply your denominator you will need to multiply your numerator by the same number that you multiplied on the denominator to make it work for your problem. The similarities are that if you’re doing 3’s in your denominator it will go like 1/3 2/6 3/9 and so on.
I learned that there are tons of patterns in fractions. Some of the fractions is counting by 2’s, 3’s and 4’s on the deninator . I love to do fractions because they are so fun. One way to do fractions is to look at the patterns. It is much fun and the best to me.
We did fractions and it is cool Mrs. Cook showed us how to do it. First it was hard for me now it is not hard for me. Learned a lot of stuff because and we learned to do fractions with Mrs. Cook cards. Two fourths is a half the cards make it easy.
Yes I worked on fractions. I found out how to find the answers with blocks. I learned names for fractions 2/6 3/9 4/12 5/15 and 3/3 4/4 and 5/5. Yes I did find any patterns like 1/3 I found a pattern it is multiplying by 3. I also learned names for 1/2 like 2/4 3/6 and 4/8 those are names for ½.
I learned how to add fractions. I put cards that meant the same fraction in a group. There are lots of fractions and equivalent fractions. We made a group of fractions that equaled one whole. When the numerator and the denominator are the same it is a whole. when your adding fractions and the denominator’s should be the same so you multiple them by a number.
What I did was on 1/2 the top numbers is in order from 123 and the bottom numbers you count by 2s. 2/2 was easy to do the top and the bottom number is the same numbers. When the numerator and denominator are the same the fraction equals a whole. What I learned is that if you have a pie and you split in 4 pieces it’s still a whole pie until someone takes a piece.
I found out a lot of things about fractions today. I learned that what you to the denominator you have to with the numerator. I learned that there can be patterns in fractions. I learned that you can count by 2’s 3’s and 4’s with the denominator.
We talked about 1/3, 2/2 and ½ and a lot of stuff like that. When the denominator is being timed by any number the numerator needs to be timed by the same number. We also learned that there are many different names with fractions like if it is 8/8 then it is a whole and if it is 2/4 or if it was 3/6 then it would be a half.
Yes we have been working on fractions. I learned that if the numerator and the denominator are the same they equal 1 whole. I learned how to change the name of a fraction.
When we were looking for the fractions in the cards I did find a pattern and it was cool because I found an easier way to find the fractions. I learned that what you do with the denominator number you do it with the numerator number.
I learned that there are many fractions for 1/2, 2/2, and 1/3. The pattern I found for 1/2 is that the numerator is the half of the denominator. I found out that if the numerator is the same as the denominator it is a whole just like 2/2. The pattern I found for 1/3 is that if you skip count the denominator by three you can get the next fraction. The numerator is just counting by ones. I learned that fractions can mean different things in different ways. We put cards that meant the same fraction in a group and put the data in our math journal. I realized that when we were putting the thirds together, the numerator was token x3 and the denominator was the answer. Basically when the numerator is the same as the denominator that is another way to show a whole. When the numerator is half of the denominator that is a way of showing ½ because it is an equivalent fraction.
16 comments:
I found many things about those fractions because I saw a pattern and I followed it. So far I learned about fractions today is that whatever you do with denominator you do with the numerator and I learned that so far there are patterns in the fractions.
I learned that fractions can mean different things in different ways. We put cards that meant the same fraction in a group and put the data in our math journal. I realized that when we were putting the thirds together, the numerator was token x3 and the denominator was the answer. Basically when the numerator is the same as the denominator that is another way to show a whole. When the numerator is half of the denominator that is a way of showing ½ because it is an equivalent fraction.
I learned a lot about fractions and equivalent fractions. One thing I learned is that when the numerator and the denominator are the same it is a whole. Another thing I learned is that when the numerator is half of the denominator it equals one half. I saw many patterns. When we did one half the numerator got increased by one and the denominator was increased by two. The rule for one whole was every time the denominator and numerator were increased by one. For one third the rule was that the numerator was increased by one and the denominator was increased by three.
I learned that there are many fractions for 1/2, 2/2, and 1/3. The pattern I found for 1/2 is that the numerator is the half of the denominator. I found out that if the numerator is the same as the denominator it is a whole just like 2/2. The pattern I found for 1/3 is that if you skip count the denominator by three you can get the next fraction. The numerator is just counting by ones.
I found out that fractions mean different things and different ways. When you are working on a problem you can use pattern blocks. We laid out cards and we did fractions like 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 and 4/8.The next one is like the same but different patterns 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5/5 and 6/6. The other pattern is easy. Its2/6 3/9 and 4/12 there are more fraction parts to it but we did only these.
I learned that you can subtract a fraction with completely changing the name of the fraction. Another thing I learned is that if you need to take a take a fraction and multiply your denominator you will need to multiply your numerator by the same number that you multiplied on the denominator to make it work for your problem. The similarities are that if you’re doing 3’s in your denominator it will go like 1/3 2/6 3/9 and so on.
I learned that there are tons of patterns in fractions. Some of the fractions is counting by 2’s, 3’s and 4’s on the deninator . I love to do fractions because they are so fun. One way to do fractions is to look at the patterns. It is much fun and the best to me.
We did fractions and it is cool Mrs. Cook showed us how to do it. First it was hard for me now it is not hard for me. Learned a lot of stuff because and we learned to do fractions with Mrs. Cook cards. Two fourths is a half the cards make it easy.
Yes I worked on fractions. I found out how to find the answers with blocks. I learned names for fractions 2/6 3/9 4/12 5/15 and 3/3 4/4 and 5/5. Yes I did find any patterns like 1/3 I found a pattern it is multiplying by 3. I also learned names for 1/2 like 2/4 3/6 and 4/8 those are names for ½.
I learned how to add fractions. I put cards that meant the same fraction in a group. There are lots of fractions and equivalent fractions. We made a group of fractions that equaled one whole. When the numerator and the denominator are the same it is a whole. when your adding fractions and the denominator’s should be the same so you multiple them by a number.
What I did was on 1/2 the top numbers is in order from 123 and the bottom numbers you count by 2s. 2/2 was easy to do the top and the bottom number is the same numbers. When the numerator and denominator are the same the fraction equals a whole. What I learned is that if you have a pie and you split in 4 pieces it’s still a whole pie until someone takes a piece.
I found out a lot of things about fractions today. I learned that what you to the denominator you have to with the numerator. I learned that there can be patterns in fractions. I learned that you can count by 2’s 3’s and 4’s with the denominator.
We talked about 1/3, 2/2 and ½ and a lot of stuff like that. When the denominator is being timed by any number the numerator needs to be timed by the same number. We also learned that there are many different names with fractions like if it is 8/8 then it is a whole and if it is 2/4 or if it was 3/6 then it would be a half.
Yes we have been working on fractions. I learned that if the numerator and the denominator are the same they equal 1 whole. I learned how to change the name of a fraction.
When we were looking for the fractions in the cards I did find a pattern and it was cool because I found an easier way to find the fractions. I learned that what you do with the denominator number you do it with the numerator number.
I learned that there are many fractions for 1/2, 2/2, and 1/3. The pattern I found for 1/2 is that the numerator is the half of the denominator. I found out that if the numerator is the same as the denominator it is a whole just like 2/2. The pattern I found for 1/3 is that if you skip count the denominator by three you can get the next fraction. The numerator is just counting by ones. I learned that fractions can mean different things in different ways. We put cards that meant the same fraction in a group and put the data in our math journal. I realized that when we were putting the thirds together, the numerator was token x3 and the denominator was the answer. Basically when the numerator is the same as the denominator that is another way to show a whole. When the numerator is half of the denominator that is a way of showing ½ because it is an equivalent fraction.
Post a Comment