Friendly Reminder

Students, remember to use first names only when posting. No other personal information should be included in your post. Anyone in the world can read what you write.

Visitors to our site are welcome to leave comments. Inappropriate comments will not be posted.

Student work belongs to the students. Please do not copy it. Feel free to link to it.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More butterflies...




What did you find when you came to school today?  What has been the best part about having butterflies in the classroom?  What has been the coolest thing you've learned about butterflies?  We are going to let them go this week.  Does this make you sad or happy?  Why?

15 comments:

Jordan said...

I found that all the butterflies have got out of their chrysalis. The best part of having the butterflies in the classroom is experiencing their life cycle. The coolest thing I learned about the butterfly is when it’s an egg it eats its way out of the egg. Letting them go makes me happy because they’re going to lay new eggs and then their life cycle will start all over again.

Ataya said...

I found out all the butterflies had hatched. The best part of having butterflies in the room is we get to see them grow. The coolest thing I have learned about butterflies is they live 2 to 4 weeks. Letting them go is going to make me sad because I wish we could keep them until they die. :(

Eric said...

I found out when I came to school is that the entire chrysalis turned into butterflies. The best part of having the butterflies in our classroom is that we get to see them grow. Well the best part is when they turn into a butterfly then red stuff comes out of them. It makes me sad because they are going to leave then I can’t see them anymore.

Diana said...

I found that all the chrysalis had turned to butterflies. The best part was that we got to see the butterflies grow. The coolest thing I have learned is that their tongues work like straws. Letting them go makes me feel a little happy, because we are setting them free instead of keeping them.

Jasmin said...

I found that one of the butterflies was flapping its wings like crazy. I enjoyed that we have them in our classroom and they looked cute when they were larva. I learned a lot of stuff that are very interesting about the butterflies. They drink sugar water that’s one thing I know. I'm sad because I’m really going to miss them when they fly away but they will be happier and in a better place.

Allyson said...

I seen all of the butterflies have came out of there chrysalis. I loved all of the things we did with the butterflies. The coolest thing I learned was the butterflies can blend in with a lot of stuff. This makes me a little sad that we are going to let them go this week because I have learned a lot about butterflies that’s why it makes me sad to let them go.

Adela said...

I found out that all the butterflies had hatched from their chrysalis when I got to school. I think that the best part about having butterflies is that we saw them go through almost the whole life cycle. The coolest thing I learned about butterflies is about their body. I did not know that they had three body parts. It makes me feel happy that we are going to let them go this week. It makes me happy because I’m going to see them fly away and they will soon lay eggs. Then the life cycle will start over.

Marina said...

When I walked into the class room this morning I found that the butterflies were all hatched!! The best part of all this was to see all of them grow. The coolest thing that I’ve seen from the butterflies is that I saw one hatch with my own eyes. This project has made me happy because the experience that I had with them has been amazing!!!

Nathan said...

I found out that all of the butterflies got out of their chrysalis! We are letting them go outside. Butterflies eat sugar water. The best part was when we saw the butterflies getting out their chrysalis. This makes me happy because when we let them go outside we are going to see them fly out of the butterfly basket. The red liquid is called meconium. Butterflies have 4 stages of life. When we first got them they were 1 centimeter. Mrs. Cook put a flip camera in the butterfly basket and for the first time it was on but it was not recording.

Martin said...

I found out the all of the butterflies have got out of the chrysalis. The best part was when we go to see one of the butterfly come out of the chrysalis. The coolest thing I learned was that butterfly can blind into things. I feel sad that we have to let butterflies go because it was kind of cool have butterflies in your class room.

Quan said...

When I got to class today I found that the caterpillars have come out of their chrysalis and are now butterflies. I think the best part of the having the butterflies is watching them go through the life cycle. The coolest thing I learned about butterflies is when they make their chrysalis they squirt a red liquid called meconium. Another thing I learned is that the butterfly’s life cycle is only two to four weeks. I also learned that some butterflies have eyespots to scare predators. Another thing I learned about butterflies is that they do not fly at night. One more thing I learned is that butterflies migrate when it is winter. They go someplace where it is warmer. It makes me happy that we are letting them go because if they do not go they are most likely to die.

Zedekiah said...

All of the butterflies came out of there chrysalis my best part is me and Joe saw it first. It was cool at the first time I never saw a butterfly come out of his chrysalis. Mrs. Cook had a flip camera tried to cord it but she did not get it we were mad thin we saw another one we got that one. We got to watch the movie it was AWSOME to watch a rill butterfly change into a butterflythe meconium can out of the chrisalis it was COOL.

Maria said...

When I came to school all of the chrysalis had nothing in them. The best part was when they came out of the chrysalis. I did not know that they are cold booted and they only live for 2 to four weeks. The part that was a little nasty was when they red stuff called meconium. It looks like blood but it is not. It makes me sad because we got to have them then we had to let them go. It has been so exiting to have them here in our class room and seeing the life cycle right in front of my eyes.

Jamie said...

I found out that all of the butterflies are out, there are 16 of them. There’s a lot of meconium on the net. The best part about having the butterflies in our classroom is doing the research on butterflies. Also scanning drawings, choosing the pictures and writing the paragraphs. The coolest thing I learned is the body parts. It does make me very happy we have butterflies, in second grade we had some too. It makes me happy because I get to see them grow and then fly away.

Brianna said...

I found that the butterflies are all out of their cocoons this morning. The best part to me is that they were getting out of their cocoons. That they are larva when they little. It makes me fill happy because they need to be free and happy. they also only have 2 to 4 weeks to live. The red stuff is called meconium and it is not blood
